2am: Sister!Scott x Stiles (part two)

Start from the beginning

Stiles and Isaac look unconvinced but play along. After all, this was how y/n was going to get through the day.

Scott was waiting at the school gates when he saw the jeep coming up the road. Stiles pointed him out to Isaac and y/n. "Fucks sake," y/n huffed, "does he have nothing better to do than stalk me?"

"I know the answer to that," Isaac said, equally frustrated with Scott too. y/n rolls her eyes and sits back in the seat. Stiles tries to think of something useful to say but he can't think of anything and by that time they're at the gate.

Scott walks around the jeep before Stiles stops and is already opening the door. Stiles slams the breaks, "seriously?!"

y/n moves across the back seat away from him and Isaac and Stiles exchange a worrying look. "y/n, get out the car," Scott demands.

y/n ignores him, "Stiles, can you drop me off at y/f/n later on?" she askes leaning over his seat.

"No, you're coming home, that's what you're doing," Scott argues. Stiles looks conflicted so he stays ridged and quiet.

"Thanks, Stiles," y/n cups his cheek moving his head to the side so she can kiss him on the lips. Stiles knows its wrong but he enjoys it even if she's only doing it to annoy Scott. He has gotten in the car and shut the door. y/n pulls away and gets out the car all while Stiles looks smitten, remembering their kiss last night and Scott is trying to grab y/n back.

"Stiles!" Scott shouts. He jumps pressing the gas a little too hard on the jeep and it jumps forward nearly hitting a group of girls.

Isaac leans out the car, "sorry! He's just got to first base!" He shouts causing the girls to laugh.

"Oh thanks a lot," Stiles said driving around the car park while Scott is still ranting. Isaac and Stiles aren't really interested in Scott, they're more concerned with y/n's feelings. Stiles parks the jeep and turns sharply to Scott, "look. What you said to her last night was just cruel- let me finish," he said as Scott tries to intervene, "after all the times she's covered for us since we were little, come on Scott, you gotta give her a break."

Scott huffs, "but it's every night, Stiles. It's- it-" he huffs again, "I'm worried about her," which is the first honest word that has come out of his mouth since he got into the Jeep.

"Shouting at her and calling her the worst child isn't going to help that," Stiles said. Isaac nods, adding no words of wisdom.

"Well, what do you suggest?" Scott asked, reluctantly.

They shrug, "you gotta fix that on your own," Isaac said.

Scott rolls his eyes but he knows Isaac his right.

Y/n had made it to lunch before she ran into the pack again. She was exceptionally good at avoiding them in the hallway, she would always win the hide and seek when they were little. "Fuck" she mumbled to y/f/n as she spotted Scott scanning the room for her. "I'll see you later," she said, getting up and began skulking out of the food hall.

As she rounded the corner, Stiles stepped out, "your really bad at that," he said.

Y/n jumped back, "that's not funny," she said, hiding the smile as Stiles laughed. "I don't want to talk to him, you can't make me."

"I wasn't going to... but you could hear him out," Stiles shrugged. "You can't avoid him forever."

"I can," y/n could be so stubborn. Stiles scoffs and y/n crosses her arms in front of her, challenging Stiles to argue with her.

"I'd rather you didn't," Scott said quietly behind y/n. She doesn't turn, only rolls her eyes and shoots daggers at Stiles. He just smiles, and mouths a sorry. "Can you at least look at me?"

"I don't really want to," y/n mumbles, putting on a stone cold attire to mask what she's really feeling.

"Please."

Y/n could just picture his face and that lost look he pulls when he wants something. Usually she's immune to that look but not today, and she turns to face him.

"Thanks," he said, with the exact look y/n was thinking of. Y/n shrugs it off, and Scott was surprised there wasn't a sarcastic comment to follow. "I guess I should start by saying sorry for last night."

Stiles squirms behind y/n and shakes his head. "You guess?!" Y/n repeats scoffing. Scott really should have chosen his words better.

"No that's not what I meant," Scott rushes, "I'm sorry for the way I treated you last night, it was wrong and I definitely shouldn't have said any of those things because- because they weren't true," Scott rubs his forehead and his look still hasn't faded.

y/n stands there, offering him no emotion. Inside her mind, however, two voices were arguing away. One was convincing her to forgive him and move past this. The other, which wasn't winning as of yet, was telling her to fight back and speak her mind. She turns to Stiles, though she's not sure why she did so. "I don't know what to do," she whispers to him, even if she knows Scott will hear through his heightened hearing. 

Stiles' expression softens, he was seeing the old y/n, the one he had fallen for. He pulls his bag up his shoulder and wraps his arm around her, "we'll talk outside," he whispered, kissing her forehead. y/n felt herself close her eyes and wish for more. 

Scott watched Stiles do this, confused. Stiles offered him a look which said 'I got this'. "But-" he said as they headed for the doors, had he really messed it up this badly? 

Stiles took her to his jeep hoping she would open up once they were inside. But, y/n stayed quiet. "y/n?" he said softly. y/n looked at him. "What's going on?" he asked, though he wasn't sure if it was worded right. 

y/n shrugged then asked, "can we go for a drive?" But Stiles had already started the engine up. 

It took y/n around ten minutes before she spoke, though she turned away from Stiles as she talked and watched the scenery go by. "I want to forgive him," she said. 

"But?" Stiles asked after a moment, glancing at her. 

"But... what he said was- Everything I think bad about myself he said, and he meant it too." 

"No he didn't," Stiles defends. 

"Yes he did," y/n huffed, "we need to come to an understanding but I don't- I don't know how to do that." 

Stiles waits for a moment, "talking to him, that would be a start... but somewhere safe and calm."

y/n smiles and looks at Stiles, who slows to a stop at the traffic lights. "Thank you, Stiles," y/n said and leans across and plants a little kiss on his lips. y/n begins to pull away but Stiles connects their lips again.