An Innocent Life : Young!Derek Hale

Requested by fangirl_wolf

Treasure sat in her usual space in the library, it was quieter today. The weather was nice outside therefore no one stayed after school hours to study. Treasure expected that the only people to be left was her and the basketball team. They never normally bugged her while she studied, but today was different. Treasure put her book down, making sure to mark her place, stood up and walked out the library. "Can you please go somewhere else and do that?" she asked the basketball team. "I'm trying to study."

"Well, we're trying to practise," the boy with the dark hair said, Treasure knew who he was. The famous Derek Hale, everyone knew him.

"I'm pretty sure you need a hoop for that" Treasure said.

"Not necessarily. I could practise some dribbling" Derek proceeded to show Treasure. "See?"

Treasure huffed and turned to walk away, she didn't have time to argue with him. "Wait," he said, so she did, turning to face him slowly. "I tell you what, I'll find somewhere else to practise-" he paused and Treasure waited for more, she knew Derek better than that, "if you can get the ball off me."

Treasure did try, but it was no use, she was just making a fool of herself. Therefore, she turned and walked away, this time Derek didn't stop her. Instead, he followed her. He waited until she had gone in and sat down, he heard heartrate slow down. She must have been reading again, Derek had noticed she was usually very calm when she was reading. He opened the door of the library as quietly as he could, he watched her for a moment and walked closer to the table she was sitting at. She didn't look up but her heartrate gave her away, she knew he was there. "I would appreciate it if you didn't watch me while I'm reading," she said, still not looking up.

"Look I'm sorry," Derek said, putting the basketball down.

Treasure looked up at him, "whatever" she said, looking back down at the book, placing the pen she was using to make notes in her mouth as she picked up another one. She frowned, something wasn't making sense to her and Derek smiled.

"What's your name?" he asked, stepping closer.

"I'm trying to study, in case you haven't noticed," Treasure said, looking up at him once again.

"Look, I'm sorry..." Derek said, she nodded, "I'll just leave you alone then..." Derek trailed off again, she nodded again thinking it was finally done and she could get back to her books. But, he added, "If you tell me your name."

Treasure huffed and looked back up at him, he had gotten closer, "alright, I'll tell you my name. If you can tell me a quote from Shakespeare without looking it up."

"Without looking it up?" Derek repeated and Treasure nodded. Derek sat down and began thinking, he already had one in his head but he didn't want to leave. He enjoyed the reaction he got out of Treasure. She sat there getting more impatient and irritated. "Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?"

Treasure rolled her eyes, Derek smirked. Everyone knew that line, it was one of the most famous lines ever written. She sighed, "my names Treasure, please go so I can study."

"My names-"

"I know who you are" Treasure interrupted him, he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. But, he smiled and left the library.

Perhaps it was just because what they were feeling was new and exciting or that they really were in love. It was fair to say that they were drawn to each other and at every opportunity they would sneak to their place just outsider Beacon Hills. They eventually began spending more and more time out there. Treasure still refused to miss a lesson, Derek tried to convince her, but it would never happen. Treasure had a free period and as usual, she spent it in the library. Today she was finding it hard to read in her head, nothing was going in, therefore she decided to read quietly to herself. But, only after she moved to the corner of the library where it was a lot quieter, no one used this part of the library. She began reading to herself in a low whisper.

Across the school Derek was in a lesson, he listened closely to her faint voice. He then decided to get out of class, he stood leaning on the aisle of books. She hadn't noticed yet, she had emerged herself in the book. Then she realised, "what are you looking at?" she asked, glancing at him.

"I'm not, I'm listening to you" Derek replied, "will I distract you?" he asked, walking closer to her, outing his bag down.

"No, I have brilliant concentration" Treasure replied.

"Really?" Derek asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Mm-huh" Treasure mumbled and carried on reading to herself, whispering words out loud every now and then. Derek moved closed to her, he moved her hair out of his way and she sighed, trying not to show she was bothered by it.

"I hate you" Treasure joked, as she put down the book and Derek grinned at her after he had begun kissing her neck lightly.

"No, you don't, you love me" Derek smiled. Treasure just looked at him, a smile playing on her lips. Derek sat on the chair next to her and faced her, "you love me...?"

"I love you" Treasure whispered, Derek leaned in and kissed her

Peter was beginning to convince Derek that changing Treasure was the best way for her, to keep her safe. "The bite is a gift." The words of his Uncle ran through his head day and night. Peter had chosen Ennis to turn Treasure, in his eyes, it was a perfect match. Ennis had just lost a member of his pack, Treasure was strong and young. Peter knew that everyone wanted to be in Talia's good books and doing a favour for Derek would earn a place in that book.

Treasure went down to the lockers expecting to meet Derek, however, he was in the boys changing room waiting, thinking... Peter watched from around the corner. Ennis emerged in the corridor, Treasure turned and ran. Ennis was too fast for her. She screamed as Ennis' teeth sunk into her skin and she screamed. Derek tried to drown the scream out but he couldn't. He ran to her, trying to stop Ennis, but it was too late, Derek realised she had already been bitten.

Derek tried so hard to comfort Treasure, "what's happening to her?" he asked Peter. But, Peter didn't answer, they knew the answer. She was rejecting the bite and it was going to kill her. Treasure was trying to fight it, she was strong but she just wasn't strong enough. She was just hanging on. Derek had to take her pain away, he apologised as he could no longer able to take her pain.

"I knew" she whispered, "things happen in this town, that no one could explain. When I told you my name, I just knew, the way you talk, pick up scents, hear things... I knew" Treasure was able to look him in the eyes.

"And you still liked me?"

"I loved you." Treasure began screaming as there was a sharp pain running through her body, she couldn't stand it much longer. Derek tried to take her pain but she wouldn't let him, "I'm gonna die, aren't I?" she knew the answer. Derek nodded, she began to cry, she pleaded. "Please, Derek, please..."

Derek did something that no one else could have, he took Treasures life, an innocent life, but it was better than watching her suffer.

Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it. Sorry its taken so long!

ps.gif not mine