56 | bruh moment intensifies

a/n: bahaha y'all thought i was done- yeah i thought so too. but nah, recently i've been trying to finish the shit i start, and to those who actually like this and to myself, i thought it was only fair to finish this the way i wanted to. #qwertycontinuation2020 (jk pls dont use that lmao- or do, its up to u 😳) also we are GETTING that bakubae relationship no matter what for comfort chara purposes. tyvm, have a wonderful day lovelies. ❤💪

-

(continued directly from chapter 55)

it was nearing the end of the student's patrol mission- or so, one person in particular thought it was.

"fuck, we're only 2 hours into this shit?!" bakugou erupted into a fit of rage, you, camie and the others watching in surprise as steam practically flowed out of his ears. you only frowned at him- being in the same vicinity as yorasa was clearly a boner killer to you all, but it seemed to affect him much more than you liked it to.

the 6 of you had met up by chance after patrolling for some time, and had just been searching the area together instead of splitting back up. if there were to be any crime on sight- you'd all have to call for backup eventually, so it was better to keep everyone together for now.

you also noticed bakugou's deteriorating mood, and being the nice friend you were, you walked up to him, gave him a pat on the shoulder, and told him everything was going to be okay. "listen," you whispered, "i know you aren't having a good time right now, and i ain't either- but we gotta pull through, alright? denki sacrificed his entire vacation dinner for us, and everyone else, so the least we can do is stick this out and find out what the hell is going on here." you finished your pep talk, releasing your grip on his shoulder as you walked back to the rest of the group, sighing.

"what was that all about? the brat have another hissy fit?" yorasa mocked, a hand on her hip as she chuckled. "the guy's bound to get expelled sooner or later, honestly." she rolled her eyes, watching as he stood, a blank expression followed by tired eyes the only thing everyone could see as he struggled to keep his composure.

he couldn't stand chicks like her.

"no, no. he's fine. just a little...mishap of sorts. anyway, i know we agreed to all stay together for now, but i think if we switch partners it could give us a chance to adapt to new areas- after all, present mic grouped us into 3s based on our quirks, right? we'll have to fight with someone we don't do much sparring with eventually." you suggested, bakugou perking up at the idea in the background.

seeing him this genuinely torn over something like a group was absolutely crushing your heart. sure, you didn't appreciate some of the things he did once in a while- but for some reason, you always got around to forgiving him. it was, admittedly, hard for you to stay mad at the one person who gave you hell- why? well, that was a mystery your brain just couldn't comprehend.

yorasa hummed for a bit, then agreed, seeing this as her chance to throw away the so-called 'brat' that had been miserable for the last two hours. "sure. and i hate that i have to stoop to your whole 'light-hearted compliments' level, but that was a..." yorasa paused, then cringed. "it was a- g-go-" another pause, followed by a gag. "good- idea. anyway, i'll take camie. she seems the most...normal out of you all." acting as if her little slip up never happened, she trotted off with kirishima and camie, leaving you alone with bakugou and denki. 

"well i'm glad that's all cleared up...i know this prolly isn't the right time to ask but- did you figure anything out while you were with her group, bakugou?" denki spoke for the first time in a bit, a little too shocked at the whole aftermath of yorasa's presence. she really knew how to leave a bad feeling in someone's guts after talking with them, and this was no new feeling to the three of them.

"tch. hell if i know, the bitch has a million vibrations coming from her phone at all times. some from every single social media platform on earth, and one of them sounding like a morse code ringtone of sorts." bakugou even seemed to surprise himself by pointing out his findings, a slight glint in his eye as he realized they had made progress that would be extremely hard to get if they one of the brainwashed.

"morse code? who the hell uses that as a ringtone?" you asked, too focused on the information at hand to pay attention to your job as a student in training. if you were being honest with yourself, a dead ghost town wouldn't have much crime going on anyway. who'd live here to create it? but then again, you remembered villain hideouts existed, and rolled your eyes as if you should have known.

denki noticed your expression somehow understanding your thoughts, replying to them with "same" as bakugou rambled on in the background about how long you were supposed to stay out for.

"fuck. well, we've spent 20 minutes here doing nothing, may as well finish it off like that too." bakugou caught on to the situation too, noting that they'd searched their areas pretty well and deserved a break.

-

finally, the day was done, and everyone was joined at the agreed upon meeting place after completing their patrols. before they were to go back to the hotel, aizawa had a few words to say. "i know not all of you got the chance to pair up with an American hero today, but the time will come in the future if you decide to travel abroad for business. good work today, students. now get some rest in, as we'll be taking turns on patrol dates for the next 4 days. present mic's group and vlad's group will be taking a rest day, and my group will be starting on their training tomorrow. that is all."

and with that, after heading back to the hotel, the students returned to their rooms, ready to sleep the night away after some evening wind-down time. 

though one student who wouldn't be getting any shuteye- would be doing something much more important.

if only those around her were the slightest bit suspicious of her.