53 | u got that yummy yum

a/n: sorry for no recent updates!

"y/nnn, i dont wanna sit over there all the way at the back of the table! why do shoji and bakugou get to sit with you, uGh." denki complained, following y/n and bakugou over to the gigantic dining table the students and teachers would be seated at for dinner tonight. y/n just rolled her eyes, having already explained the situation to him countless times already. though she knew she had to tell him sooner rather than later or else their plan to protect shoji would backfire in an instant.

"just think back to our planning session, denki. i've already told you me and katsuki need to tell shoji about yorasa in person, and we won't get another opportunity to be alone with him once we're placed in groups again next week. yorasa and shoji will most likely, by the way aizawa is pairing the students, be in our group. she'll be with us constantly, hence why we're doing this now." she explained. "you need to make sure she doesn't get suspicious of us, so you'll be distracting her during the dinner. just do some of your flirty pick-up lines or whatever."

denki groaned, annoyed that he was basically given the role of being the 'bait' in this operation. he continued to walk next to his friends until they found their seats and eventually separated from him. he sighed, trying to remember how y/n and bakugou were going to tell shoji about yorasa when the girl in question made her way into the dining hall of the hotel, waving hi to him as she sat next to him like he had requested the night before. this was going to be a horrible dinner- denki could already tell the dozen bracelets on yorasa's wrists would be their main topic of the night.

as everyone took their seats, aizawa cleared his throat at the end of the table and began to explain why everyone was gathered here in the first place. "good evening, students. this trip has been a most pleasant one- aside from the occasional ruckus caused by some of our troublemakers...but aside from that, we are gathered here tonight to enjoy a wonderful dinner before we begin our last week here in america. we've been on many tours as groups, had time to relax at various locations, caught up on studying for a few days, and enjoyed ourselves for the majority of this past week. a notable event was also our holiday party that present mic- unfortunately- performed at." he averted his gaze, clearly embarrassed by his colleague.

the students giggled, present mic's jaw dropping in shock at aizawa's statement.

"but anyway- there is a twist to this trip. we are still off during school, and realistically, we should not be off for two weeks doing nothing. i kept this from you, and i do apologize, but we are going to be doing some patrol training during the next 5 days until we are sent home. it will involve your groups deciding on which pro hero in the state you would like to be paired with and patrolling the area/fighting crime with them. keep in mind they do not speak our language, so this will be a compatibility and communication mark on your part. when you are in these situations there is no practice beforehand, so this is a fairly tough but realistic exercise when it comes to staying calm and rational with others in tough situations." he explained, watching as some students groaned in disappointment and some looked excited.

"jeez, aizawa really tricked us there, huh." y/n told bakugou as she started to shovel some food onto her plate, a frown present on her face as she leaned over the table a bit to look at denki.

"nah. there's always a catch with that guy, i expected nothing less." he responded, also turning to look at the blond. he was doing okay at distracting yorasa in their opinion...

shoji joined in on the conversation, "i suppose it's just natural for him to look for any new learning opportunities for his class and the others. he is a teacher, after all." he pointed out.

"mm, true." y/n agreed. aizawa's voice was present in the background, mentioning when everyone was to finish up and head up to their rooms and that they should start eating now. "shoji, i have a question if that's alright with you, by the way." y/n smiled at him, ignoring denki for now.

"oh, sure." he spoke through one of his limbs, using his hand to grab his fork.

"we're under the impression that you seem to have a...large crush on yorasa from class b. i mean, as friends of yours, we're obviously curious as to why you like her." y/n leaned on her elbows, tilting her head to the side and wiggling her eyebrows at shoji.

"well, yes. i...seem to love that girl very much. it's not something i can rationally explain, if i'm being honest. it just happened? i don't even remember talking to her or anything of the sort, i just let my eyes wander over to her and all of a sudden she was in my mind constantly. love at first sight, im guessing." he chuckled, sounding confused.

"hm...you sure she didnt like, ask you to do something for her or anything?" y/n pushed further, needing more info on how he 'fell in love'. if yorasa's quirk was involved with brainwashing and was literally named 'royal orders', there was no doubt in y/n's mind that he hadn't been manipulated into liking her by being asked by her to do something. it was simple and easy, something totally predictable- just like yorasa.

"ah, actually, she did ask for a favour once. i started to like her around then, i think. it was strange, but i just felt a connection to her." he replied, sounding as if he was daydreaming.

bakugou listened to his explanation, meeting eyes with y/n as a look of doubt crossed his face. it was obvious shoji had been manipulated by yorasa to like her, and they needed to get him out of this trance as soon as possible.

it would be harder to tell someone to give up their crush than they thought though.