Chapter 9 | The Morning

Start from the beginning

"You're my wife, Y/N." Jungkook rolled his eyes as if the idea of not sharing a bed with his wife was utterly ridiculous to him.

"Only in name." I reminded. "You don't have my heart yet, so you don't have the permission to get into my bed either."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow in challenge. "Who says I don't have your heart?"

"Do you?" I finally locked eyes with him. "Are you confident, Mr. Mafia Boss?"

"Why does it feel like an insult every time you call me a mafia boss even though that's what I am?" Jungkook narrowed his eyes as he mumbled softly.

I grimaced. "Because it's not a very... likeable profession. You know that too. Isn't that why you feel insulted? And by the way are we going to keep talking in this position?" I suddenly exclaimed as I felt Jungkook lean closer.

"Yes we are. And it just feels so coming from your mouth, because I don't want you to see me as a sadist who kills people for a living." Jungkook muttered solemnly.

"Even though I know that you'll balk at the sight of me the day I walk with blood soaking my clothes, because that's what your natural instinct is and because you're afraid of violence and blood like any other normal person, I just...can't help but dread the look in your eyes that day."

I lowered my eyes. It was the truth. "I don't think I can possibly dislike you more than I do n..." I paused.

I didn't really dislike him now.

"I mean, I'm sure it'll be a bit shocking...but I don't think I'll ever dislike you more than I did when you kidnapped me." I quickly rephrased, clearing my throat as Jungkook smiled a little.

"I don't know about you, but I don't feel guilty about kidnapping you at all. Bite me." He shrugged as I smacked his shoulder.

"Yes, I know. You're an incorrigibly shameless, ruthless megalomaniac." I rolled my eyes playfully.

Jungkook smirked. "Are you perhaps joking around with me now?" He leaned in further until our lips almost brushed.

I lay frozen in my place, unsure what to do. I didn't love him yet, but I didn't want to turn down the kiss either.

Everything from my conflicted emotions to his warm breath on my lips felt surreal, like it wasn't my life that I was living but someone else's.

I gasped when I felt his hands leave my wrists and slide down to my waist, grabbing it and for some reason, it felt more intimate than the previous position.

"Gosh, you're so tiny." Jungkook mouthed softly, his fingers slightly brushing the skin of my lower abdomen as I blushed.

"I'm not." I mumbled abashed, trying to wiggle out of his hold.

I really didn't want to give my heart to the mafia...and I was afraid if he continued looked at me those glittering eyes wild with passion and awe, I'd really end up falling for him completely.

"Get off me," I giggled a little, trying to push him off as he continued resisting and held on to me, soft grunts escaping his mouth as I smacked his muscular chest.

"Why the fuck are you so heavy?" I almost laughed as his fingers moved teasingly along my sides, lighter than a feather but extremely ticklish.

"It's all muscle, babygirl." Jungkook replied amused. "Also don't swear around me. It's too tempting to hear such sinful words escaping your innocent mouth."

I shut my mouth immediately. This conversation was very quickly steering towards uncharted territory.

As if on cue Seong Hee entered the room, going wide-eyed before she hurriedly slapped a hand onto her eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Jeon, I wasn't aware that—"

"That's alright! He's going to leave anyway." I piped up, taking the opportunity to push Jungkook off me sending him tumbling to the floor.

•••••

"You should stop staring at me before I start staring back, Y/N." Jungkook grinned lazily, standing beside me as he styled his hair, looking like an absolute God with just a towel resting around his hips.

He paused his actions and looked in my direction, chuckling at how I was barely wearing anything and yet trying to cover up as if that would help hide my body from his lustful gaze.

His eyes trailed deliberately all over my body, as if he were slowly stripping me naked with those tempting eyes of his.

My skin felt like it had been singed. Blushing furiously, I acted on an instinct and rushed to grab the nearest towel, holding it over my chest protectively before I hurled a cupful of water in his direction fuming in embarrassment.

Jungkook chuckled darkly as he dragged his fingers through his now damp hair and then, before I could even think of a way to escape, he was advancing towards me.

A breathy gasp of surprise escaped my mouth as he pinned me against the glass wall of the shower cubicle, twisting my arm behind my back as he pressed closer to me, his bare chest pushed up against my almost naked back.

"Well, didn't someone just ask for it?" He crooned seductively, dragging his index finger along the curve of my back, pushing one of his knees in between my legs as I dry heaved, my heart going into a frenzy.

Well, fuck.