The Interview: Mycroft x Reader

A/N: Sorry this is short...I'll try to work on some longer ones but I hope you still enjoy this little one shot!

You sat in your chair silently, tapping your fingers nervously on your legs as your potential employer flips through your resumé. The interview was over but it seemed as though he was mulling through his thoughts with every lazy flick of a page and every flicker of his blue eyes from you back to the papers in his hands.

Slowly the man put your resumé down, leaned back in his chair, crossed his legs and cocked an eyebrow at you. You bit you lip curious as to what was going on in that mans head. Taking a small breath you gathered the courage to finally speak, "Well, what do you think? Only the finest paper right you took a bit of time looking at it so it must be good?" You cracked a small joke but when he didn't return any sort of laughter you swallowed hard with a nervous chuckle.

Mycroft's eyes were set on yours almost as if they could see straight into your soul. You assumed it was his 'deduction' skills but unlike Sherlock's his was far more intense. "Actually," Mycroft finally spoke, "I had already made my decision when you walk through that door...I just thought I'd play along with this whole interview sort of thing." He waved his hand a bit lazily in the air. "O-Oh, what's the verdict then?" You tilted your head, John was the one who suggested you go in for this interview as you had just moved to London and desperately needed a job.

"You start Monday at eight sharp, dress professionally, don't expect anything normal when it comes to my brother but seeing as you know Dr. Watson and have read his blogs you probably know that." Mycroft hummed as he scribbled a few numbers on a sticky note and handed stuck it right on your resumé papers. "What's this?" You asked and scanned the numbers on the sticky note. "My business number is at the top, my personal number is at the bottom, you already have my business email so I thought I'd give you my personal one as well." Mycroft said as he stood up, you felt your cheeks heat with blush as your eyes darted from the sticky note to him.

Mycroft made his way to the door, grabbing his coat and umbrella he turned back to you still sitting in the same chair. "I look forward to hearing from you...I shall see you Monday." A playful little smile tugged at the corners of Mycroft's lips and for a split second you could have sworn he winked at you before promptly exiting the room. When you were positive he was out of ear shot you let out a happy squeak and clutched the sticking note in your hands. The interview couldn't have gone any better than this.

Sherlock x Reader One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें