Seth silently held my hand, apologising through his touch, knowing I would overpower him in the matter.

"It's different." Paul mumbled.

"Enlighten me. Is it because I'm a girl? Because so is Leah. Is it because I'm younger than you? So are half the pack. Is it because I'm still learning? So are all of you!"

He stayed silent and tensed his jaw, the will to protest obvious but the fear of pissing me off more so, particularly after the unintentional throw across the forest earlier.

"We can talk about that later, but yes Oakley, I see no reason why you shouldn't participate." Sam declared, referring to Paul and Seth as the 'that'.

Carlisle sensed the awkwardness growing, realising that the pack clearly had some unsolved conflict between myself, Paul and Seth. 

The room slowly thinned out, with the pack heading off in their own directions and me staying on the couch beside Alice who was admiring my outfit and told me she'd always waited to have someone in her life who didn't need fashion advice for once.

I think she realised I wasn't overly into the conversation, too focused on what was going on with Seth and Paul and my powers. I had anger towards them both for trying to keep me out of the action, though I understood that they were only trying to care for me. I also had confusion about the power I held, wanting to know more.

"You good Oak?" I heard Joseph ask, snapping me out of my daze.

I nodded. "Always." 

He frowned. "You know I'm not as stupid as I look. If you're pissed at your brother and Seth for keeping you out of the action, talk to them. We all know you're more powerful than the rest of us. There's no logic behind depriving you contribution."

I sat in silence with his words for a few moments, grateful that he had taken the time to speak to me. 

"Thanks Jo." I mumbled with a smile after a few moments. He stood and patted me on the back kindly, squeezing my shoulder.

"No problem."

I walked over to the other side of the room where Jasper was, saying goodbye as I passed everyone else. "Hey Jas, I think I'm gonna head out."

He nodded and held out his arms for a hug. "No problem. I guess I may be seeing you on patrol sometime soon."

"Let's hope."

"Seth asked me to tell you he had to leave, someone needed him. But he told me to tell you he's sorry for trying to make decisions for you and he only wanted to protect you. Says he'll see you later tonight."

I smiled with a tiny blush, appreciating Seth leaving a message with Jasper instead of leaving silently. He was such a good guy, and I really did get lucky with him.

When I headed home, I was still thinking about the work day and making plans in my head for the tasks I had to complete tomorrow in order to free up my weekend.

I smelled the overpowering smell of pasta from down the driveway, confused because Paul was definitely not one to cook.

I headed into the house, and was overcome with happiness and warmth at the sight of Seth in the kitchen cooking away.

"Well hi there," I announced as I closed the door and smirked at my boyfriend. He instantly came through the hallway and collected me in his arms protectively while looking down on me with a sympathetic smile.

"Oakley, I'm so sorry. I was an ass back at the Cullen's. I know that you know I only tried to step in because I care about you way too much to let you get hurt and I was concerned, but it doesn't mean I have the right to tell you what you can and can't do. Especially when you point out that you've never tried to talk me out of patrols despite knowing the risks."