26 ~Warning~

Meliodas' POV

     I felt myself rush forward to grab Derieri as she wobbled towards me. Blood oozed from her head and down her neck. She looked like shit.

     "Oh fuck," Zeldris mumbled from behind me.

     I spin around and order "Zeldris pull out a chair." Zeldris flinches but does it anyway. I walk Derieri over the chair and sit her down. "I'm gonna grab the first aid kit, Zeldris stay here."

     I speed away and search for the kit in the closet. I wasn't that far away but I could hear Zeldris speaking.

     "What happened?"

     "I pissed off the king, what do you think happened?"

     "But you ran away, isn't that a death sentence?"

     "...You did it."

     I walked back in with the kit and a rag and Derieri stopped went quiet. I set the kit on the table and popped it open. I started wiping her head down with the rag, then moved down to her neck.

     "Hey, Zeldris, you should go back to bed," I stated. Zeldris made a sound and gritted his teeth.

     "Why-" he forced out through clenched teeth.

     "Because I said so. Bed." I shot a glare and him. I hated that it made him afraid but I needed him to leave.

     "...Fine."

     Zeldris turned and stomped away. I turned back to Derieri, who was watching him.

     "What happened?"

     "He's onto you," Derieri started. "He somehow knew I came here. He's going to find out soon. We don't have much longer."

     "Shit."

     I reached over and grabbed bandages out of the kit and wrapped her forehead in them.

     "So Meliodas..." Derieri poked at her forehead. "How did you get them into school anyway?"

     "Hm? Oh, Gowther did that," I told her.

     "Wait, he knew they were running away?"

     "Running away?"

     "They didn't tell you? What did you think they did?"

     "I've been working with Gowther to get them out. So I though Gowther snuck them out."

     "If he had, wouldn't he have told me?"

     "True."

     "Doesn't his doll go to your school?"

      "Yeah. He's odd."

      Derieri laughed. "Anyway, do you have a place I could sleep, commander? I'm exhausted."

     I nodded. "Yeah. Go ahead and take my room. I'll stay here on the couch." I led her upstairs to my room. "Make yourself at home.