Chapter 41: The Heroes Reunion! His Name is Fire Fist Ace!

Start from the beginning

"Don't lead the rest of the soldiers to them dummy!!" you shout still fighting from your captain's babysitting. The rest of the crew gathered their supplies quickly and ran ahead of you and Luffy.

"Move!" another voice shouts, revealing to be Smoker as he shoots his fist towards you two. "White Blow!!" 

"Heat Haze!" And in an instant, the smoke is dispersed, with bright flames residing in it's place. You and the rest of the crew looked back in shock, and even Luffy was wide eyed, as the flames began to clear, it showed the same man from inside the restaurant from before.

"You, huh...?" Smoker narrowed his eyes at the raven haired male, a smirk falling onto his expression. "Give it up." he replies. "You may be smoke, but I'm fire. A fight between your Devil Fruit and mine would never end."

"W-Who is this?! Why is he helping us?!" Usopp stutters, seeing how strong this man was, he wouldn't want him as an enemy for sure.

"Ace?!" Luffy exclaims, shocking you as Luffy even managed to forget you were on his shoulder. Taking the chance, you moved off and now stood, letting out a sigh of relief. "Eh? Ace??" you repeat looking at the freckled face male as he turns to face Luffy.

"You haven't changed a bit huh?"

"Ace?! That really is you Ace?! You ate a Devil Fruit?!" Luffy asks, appearing to be rather shocked still.

"Yup~!" Ace replies. "The Mera Mera fruit!" as he says this, the navy soldiers have started to gather around in hopes of trapping the rest of the crew.

"Captain Smoker! We're preparing to secure the perimeter!"

The flames continue to grow on Ace as he faces Smoker. "Anyways, we don't have time to talk like this! I'll catch up! You guys run!"

"Let's go!" Luffy shouts, running ahead as you follow with the rest of the crew. 

"We're leaving the island already?!" Usopp shouts carrying one of the bags as he runs. "No!" Vivi shouts back. "We're going to sail the ship up the river into the interior! The desert lies beyond that! Nanohana was just a stop for supplies!"

As Smoker watches the crew run off, he looks back at Ace, unsure of exactly why he was helping Luffy out. "Explain. Why are you helping out Straw Hat?"

At this, Ace can't stop himself from smiling. "It's natural for an older brother to worry about his bungling kid brother, isn't it?"

"He's your brother?!" you and Mist screech at the same time. The rest of the crew was just as shocked as the two of you. Luffy had a brother?! And why was this the first they were hearing of it?!

"Yup! He's my older brother!" Luffy says with a wide grin. "His name is Ace!"

"Having a brother is pretty surprising, but what's he doing in the Grand Line?" Zoro asks, carrying a barrel of water on his shoulder.

"Ace is a pirate!" Luffy replies, a feeling a joy within him. "He left three years before me to find the One Piece!" At the moment, the crew was in awe watching Ace fight Smoker. Nami was the first to snap out of it however.

"A-Anyways! We need to head back to the ship now! Let's escape before they come after us!"

"Yes Nami-swan~!" Sanji says, running with the rest of the crew. You were running a bit slower to keep up with Luffy who was looking backwards as he was lightly jogging.

"I never thought I'd see him here!" There were two separate paths ahead. "Everyone, go left!" Nami shouts, the whole crew moving to the left. Well, except for you and Luffy of course.