Chapter 18: Luffy, Completely Surrounded! Commodore Nelson's Secret Strategy!

Recap:

"Yeah!" he grins. You smile at Luffy, and you don't notice the small blush tinted on his cheeks. You stand up, walking out of the kitchen, Luffy stumbles getting up, following you. You don't notice the very sneaky Nami and Apis watching you two through the window. "Is this what they call true love Nami?"

"Yeah, 100%~" she giggles mischeviously.

"Yahoo! Yahoo! Look at them! They'll never catch up to us!" Nami and Apis jump hearing Usopp, noticing Navy ships far behind the Going Merry. Nami crosses her arms, getting serious. "The Going Merry is faster and more agile than the Navy ships since they're bulky, but what are we going to do when we get to Warship Island?!"

"We'll be alright!" Nami, Apis and Usopp see you and Luffy stepping out of the room. Nami has three tick marks on her head. "How will we be okay?!"

"We just need to find the dragons' nest before them, so Grandpa Ryu can get better, right?" You sweat drop, "Easier said than done." Sanji nods. "Yeah. It could be at the bottom of the ocean for all we know."

"If it's at the bottom of the ocean, we'll just search the bottom of ocean!" Luffy declares, only for Zoro to smack him on the head. "That's big talk for someone who can't swim!"

Luffy winces, before pointing to you. "Y/n can!" Nami smacks him in turn, now two lumps forming on his head. "Dummy! Did you forget; Y/n can't breathe underwater! She can't just search the entire ocean!"

"Well, technically I could...."

"See?"

You look down at your bandaged hands. "But..... With my hands like this, I can't heal them with the water, and I won't be able to use my powers as much as I'd like to." Apis studies your hands in worry. "Why is that Y/n?" You try to move your finger, wincing slightly. "Most of my moves, come from using my hands. And with the condition they're in...it hurts to even move my finger. It could break my concentration, and I could end up sinking our ship or someth- "

"GYAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! DON'T USE YOUR POWERS Y/N!!!!!!" Usopp screams followed by Nami who was just as terrified. "DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO!!"

"I JUST SAID I WASN'T!!!" you yell back, only to receive a smack from Nami in the end. "Anyways, if we are going to get to Warship Island fast, we don't have time to mess with the Navy!"

"It doesn't look like that's going to be an option...." Everyone turns to the front, where Sanji is looking. There is a large warship, with the number eight painted onto the flags, and the front of the ship has a dragon-like head. "Wow! So cool! It's like a gargoyle!" Luffy laughs.

You sweat drop, but figure it's best not to say anything. In the distance, in an entire fleet of smaller navy ships appear from behind the gargoyle-headed one. "Is this for real?!" Nami screeches. "Just how many ships does the navy have?!"

The navy ships attach thick and heavy black chains to them, blocking all exits, as the ships are now surrounding the Going Merry in a large circle. Mist swims up to you. "Take them down?" you shake your head. "You're injured. Stand by, and protect Grandpa Ryu."

Mist goes to the back with Grandpa Ryu. You turn your attention to the crew. "They have us blocked off! What do we do?!" Apis cries, practically running around the ship in panic. Usopp has a smug look on his face, with his arms crossed, looking confident. "Jump onto a ship, kick the guys off, and cut the links! That's the only choice obviously!"

"Wow! You can do that, Usopp?! " Apis asks only for Usopp sweats nervously, then point to you, Luffy, Zoro and Sanji. "Go! Luffy! Zoro! Sanji! Y/n!" She instantly loses any sort of respect for the male. "I thought as much...."