Saving Troy Again

*ROWEN*

~AFTER THE MEETING~

Thankfully my dad's business partners didn't get too offended at Troy's behavior so we rescheduled for another day. I enter my dad's office as he was quiet until he sat on his chair.

He put his elbows on his desk as he covered his nose and mouth with his hands. I heard him gasp as he placed his hands down. "Son, I'm sorry to do this but maybe it's better if Troy deals with his demons outside of here," he took another deep breath. "He can come back when he deals with his personal problems. I need someone focused and Troy clearly isn't at the moment. He's a fantastic worker but he has to find himself," he got up and walked to the windows. He stared outside as he put his hands in his pocket.

"Dad, let me work with him. I'm trying to help this poor kid but he distances himself when I try to get closer," I should know how he feels but it's harder when it's fresh.

"Son, you can help him but he can't work here like that. I can't afford for the company's reputation to fall because of his actions," he kept staring out as he slowly turned. "Or are you worried about him financially?" He smiled as he sat back down.

"A little bit of both," a small curve formed on the corner of my lip.

"Ok, I'll tell you what. He can work for the company but outside this building. You can supervise his work and he can still get paid. Deal?" He stared at me as a relief took over.

"Yes, that would be great. I'll keep an eye on Troy," I smiled at my dad.

"But no slacking off, just because he's not working in the building doesn't mean he gets to be lazy. You think of something on how to keep track of his work," he opened his laptop letting me know he was going to work.

"Thanks, Dad, I'll let you get back to work," I waved as I exited his office.

I'm walking down the hallway, most of the employees have left home or are cleaning their cubicles. My thoughts are thinking if Troy got home safe. He better not have fucken drove home drunk. I'm walking by the coffee room when I heard something break. "Motherfucker!" I pushed the door open and Ivy was on the floor while the glass was scattered everywhere. A sudden whiff of alcohol burst into the room.

"You ok?" I asked trying to sound nice.

She groaned as she got up. "Yes, I'm fine," she straightened her skirt but then I thought about it. Why is there alcohol in the coffee room?

"Why is there alcohol in this room?" I asked as her eyes averted to the floor.

"Why don't you ask your boyfriend, wasn't he the one drinking on the job," her voice more defensive.

"So how did you know it was here?" I got closer as she stood quiet.

"So cat got your tongue?" I had her pinned on the wall as I glared down at her, she still wouldn't look at me.

"I really don't want to believe you put that bottle in here so Troy could accidentally stumble upon it. Jesus Christ, Ivy, what is wrong with you?!" She still wouldn't look at me in the eyes. I pulled away.

She finally aligned her poisonous green eyes at me. "Well no one will believe you, it's your word against mine and you know dad always believes me," she smirked as my blood boiled.

"Are you kidding me right now! So you put that damn bottle in here so Troy can ruin his career. What the fuck did he ever do to you?! He lost someone close to him and this is how you support him," her demeanor changed as she saw how mad I was getting.