Her Mission-2

The week went by in a blur. I spent time with my friends and also prepared more for my interview.
Its finally Friday morning the day of my interview and being the lazy girl I am, woke up twenty minutes after my alarm went off leaving me with forty five minutes to get to the Weston Empire.
"I knew you would sleep in, that's why I prepared your clothes and packed food already" Mary said smiling placing the clothes on my queen sized bed.
"Thanks a lot Mary.. You're a life saver" I breathed out struggling to put my under wear on.
After ten minutes I finally got into my car and hit the road. Reminding myself to be as vibrant as the sun. Sharing the joy and carefree attitude to everyone working with me.
I pulled into the parking lot of Weston Empire five  minutes to the time giving me little to no time to make my way to the floor of the interview. On my way, I greeted a few workers and smiled warmly at anyone who met my eyes and by the look of things here, they seem pretty nice to work with.
"Good morning, my name is Chantel and I will be taking you according to your number for the interview. I wish you luck" she said smiling brightly at all of us.
About half an hour later it was finally my turn. As Chantel was walking me to where the interview would take place, I decided to bring up small talks.
"Hi, I'm Camila. Nice meeting you" I said smiling brightly at her
"Chantel. Its nice also meeting you" She said
"By any chance can I ask what department you belong to?"
"I'm the Managing Director of the sales department" She replied obviously proud of that
"Oh, nice. I'm applying for the advertising department" I said
"That's a pretty competitive department. I hope you get the job" She said opening the door to what looks like a boardroom.
"Thanks. I'll see you around" I replied mentally preparing myself for the interview.
∆°∆°∆°∆°∆°∆
The interview lasted for about twenty minutes and I can say it went better than I expected. The results of the interview will be announced by noon, so I used that opportunity to go for my second interview which was luckily few minutes drive away from Weston.
Compared to my first interview, the second one kinda sucked so I was crossing my fingers for Weston. I made a quick stop at Starbucks for a mid morning boost of coffee before making my way back to Weston Empire.
"Mr Campbell, congratulations. You got the position for Mr Weston's personal assistant. I hope to see you on Monday" Chantel said.
That went on for another fifteen minutes, I was already losing hope but at the die minute I heard my name.
"Ms West, congratulations. You got the position for the head supervisor for the advertising department. I also hope to see you on Monday." She said smiling.
"That's great. Thanks Chantel" I said picking up my bag.  "I'll see you on Monday. By what time?"
"Work starts by 8am. None  of the new employees must come in late. Mr Weston doesn't appreciate tardiness" She said sounding professional.
∆°∆°∆°∆°∆°∆°∆°°∆
I was literally beaming by the time I entered my car. I'm finally making my own money, not living off my parents who think they can boss me anytime they want.
Instead of driving straight home, I decided to drive to Raine's studio.
"Guess who's the latest employed graduate in town!!" I yelled making my way into Raine's office.
"Gosh, can you tone it down a bit. We know you got the job" Noah grumbled from a corner in Raine's office.
"First, why are here and how did you know I got the job" I asked glancing between the two of them
"Noah's ex who works at Weston got the list of new employees so he kind of showed Noah" Raine explained.
"Oh.. Sean right?" I asked before it finally registered to me that Raine called Sean, Noah's ex and not boyfriend.
"Wait what happened?" I asked to confirm my suspicions.
"Sean broke it off between us. Said the relationship was lasting too long" Noah said sniffing.
Oh God. My poor Noah, going though his second break up this month.
"Gosh, Noah. I'm so sorry" I said pulling him into a hug.
"How about we go to the bar a few blocks from here to drown in Noah's sadness and Cam's employment" Raine suggested.
"I don't even want to move" Noah said still sobbing into my bear hug.
"Well, excuse me simp. I'm not going to let my best friend sit on the chair crying his eyes out for some douche bag who doesn't deserve him" Raine said grabbing her purse from the hanger by the corner.
"Well, Noah. Doesn't look like we have much of an option." I said also grabbing my purse.
"Let's go before Raine goes all ape shit on us" Noah said trying to cheer himself up.

The drive to the bar lasted about three minutes since Raine decided to drive way over the speed limit but hey, who cares.
"Hey, Ray. Long time" the bartender greeted Raine as we sat down.
"I've been busy with the studio Lex." She said.
Seems like Raine is a regular at this bar or maybe she's just familiar with this Lex guy.
"And I see you brought company. I'm Alex" he said extending his hand out to Noah and I
"Camila. Nice meeting you" I said smiling.
"Oh. I could say the same mi rosa" he said placing a kiss on my knuckles.
Sensing too much touching, I withdrew my hand and placed it in my laps.
"Noah" Noah said introducing himself.
"Oh. You're one fine piece of male character." He said also kissing Noah's knuckles.
"Ermm.. Thanks man" Noah said eyeing Lex warily
"I'll have eight shots of my regular" Raine ordered
"What's the occasion?" Lex asked preparing the shots.

Few shots of whatever Raine ordered later and talking with Lex , we decided to call it a day and head back.
"Noah, what do you think about Lex" Raine asked on the drive back to her studio.
"He seems nice,  I guess and he's kind of cute you know" Noah replied.
I zoned out from their conversation knowing where exactly it would end. Raine would ask Noah to date Lex since he's also gay and Noah would refuse at first but later agree. I just hope this relationship lasts long.
                                                ∆°∆
I got back home exactly when Mary finished making dinner. I smiled inhaling the sweet smell of Mary's delicious dinner.
"You must be hungry honey, go freshen up while I set the table" She told me giving me one of her lovely smiles.
"Thanks Mary. I'll be down in a few" I yelled on my way to my room.
Mary is the closet person  I have to a parent. She practically raised me after my parents thought it was a good idea to leave their twelve year old daughter with a nanny and move all the way to Europe for a business deal.  Sighing sadly, I shook the thoughts of my parents out of my head and dug into Mary's delicious cuisine.

Dinner was nothing out of the ordinary. Just myself, Mary, Casper my Golden Retriever and Rolex my Collie. I informed Mary about my new job and she was as happy as I was when I got the job. We did the dishes together even though she complained but agreed since I insisted. At about ten pm I said my goodnight to Mary and headed to my room. I plopped down on my bed and mentally reminded myself that this is a new phase of life and I needed to be strong to go through it. I finally fell into darkness after minutes of pondering what the future hold for me with a smile on my face like what Mary told me as a child "You shouldn't go to bed with a troubled heart and a frown".

π•π•π
Chapter two guys. What do you think?
Remember to Vote. Share. Comment
                                      Xoxo, Grace.