𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜, 𝙼𝚊𝚝𝚝.

"No, no, no and no." -You shook your head. -"I'm not doing it."

"Oh, come on!" -Your friend Matt groaned. -"You're gonna 'ave fun!"

"I'm not having a blind date tonight, Matt!"

Exactly. Matt came over that day because he had something important to propose to you. He was trying really hard to convince you to have a blind date with one of his best mates, but you weren't really enjoying the idea of it. You felt nervous just to think about sitting with a guy you didn't know at all; how weird would it be?

"But why not?"

"You know I'm really shy for these kind of things and I don't know if I'm ready." -You put your hand on your forehead.

"Y/n, hear me out." -He said making you look at him. -"I know you both like the back of my hand. I know you and him would get along!" -He cleared his throat. -"And I really need you to agree, I mean... it's not like you have many options."

"What do you mean?" -You frowned.

"He already accepted to go." -He shrugged. -"It would be very rude of you to reject him now, eh?"

"Matt, what the Hell!" -You gasped. -"But why do you want us to do this so bad?"

"Because you both will like each other! You need to trust me... I wouldn't make you meet someone if I wasn't so sure about this." -He smiled. -"So... what do you say? Do you accept?"

You looked at his eyes, he was trying his best to put his best puppy face. You groaned in defeat. -"Alright. I'll go."

"Yeah!" -He exclaimed hugging you.

"What's his name then?" -You sighed.

"Alex, Alex Turner." -He smiled big and you just nodded.

• • •

Fuck. I can't believe I'm actually going to do this, you thought.

Even though you didn't want to go to this blind date, you still tried your best to look the most beautiful you could, and you were pretty happy with the result. You were wearing your favourite black dress with matching high heels. Your make up was natural and you decided to use red lipstick. Everything was on point.

When you finished getting ready and headed to the front door, you felt your phone vibrate in your purse.

Unknown number:
Hey, I'm Alex.
I just wanted to let you know I'm already at the restaurant, got ready too early. x ✔️✔️

You felt your heart beating faster as you read the message. Fastly you saved his number and typed back:

You:
Hey Alex!
I'm sorry you'll have to wait for a little bit, I just left home... but I will be there soon. x

As you got into your car, another message popped up:

Alex:
Don't worry, darling, take your time.
I'll be waiting for you. xx

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
Why am I feeling this nervous?, you thought.

You placed your hands on the steering wheel, giving it a little squeeze and breathed in. You grabbed your phone again and checked his profile picture, hoping it would be a photo of him, but it was a random one.

After not getting to see how he looked like, you started your car and headed to the restaurant.

• • •