Chapter 21

Catra's POV

Scorpia dropped us off at Adora's place and we finished unloading the truck. It was late and her Aunts were already asleep for the night by the time we got home. "Hey Adora,"

She looks up at me as we quietly start to open the door inside. "Yeah Catra?"

"Do you think I could stay here? It's already super late and I'm pretty sure if I came home now Ms. Abusive-pants would literally kill me." I shrugged while saying.

"Catra you don't have to ask. You're my girlfriend. Of course you can stay."

"Your aunts wont mind?"

"Are you kidding? They love you!" She practically whisper yelled.

I wave of relief flooded over me and I felt my body ease. We make our way into her room and I pull my phone out to message Lonnie: "staying at A's, see you tomorrow."

My phone buzzes almost instantly with a reply: "I figured as much. Enjoy yourself 😜" I lock my screen and put my phone away.

"I love the beach but it always makes me feel so gross afterwards." Adora has the cutest face of disgust washing over her as she pretend shivered.

I let out a soft chuckle. "You're so cute." I mean it too. I mean she's always cute but I haven't really told it to her. I see the corners of her mouth stretch out wide in the worlds cutest smile.

"You're more cute." She says poking my nose.

I playfully bite at the air where her finger was while I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her close to me. "I already said you're cute first which means I automatically win this debate."

"You win." She pauses for a moment looking serious. "This time."

I pull her closer to me until our lips meet. Her lips taste like a mixture of sweet and salty from the S'mores and beach air. A smile spreads across my face recalling tonight.

She pulls away, "what's got you smiling?"

"You"

Our eyes lock and I feel her hands on either side of my cheeks until she pulls me in for a tender kiss. Her lips feel so soft against mine and our tender kiss quickly becomes heated. Her hands go from my cheeks to the back of my neck and into my hair while my hands slowly find her curves and make their way under her shirt and on her toned stomach. Her body shivers at the touch and we quickly make our way to the bed where I stumble backwards as she straddles me, one leg on either side. She takes this moment and grabs the hem of her shirt quickly pulling it over head and then throwing the shirt on the ground.

My eyes take in the sight before them, tracing every line of her body. I sit up and wrap my arms around her pulling her down onto the bed with me. Our lips meet again but this time more forcefully, more wanting than anything. I heed the body language and slip my tongue in with the next kiss. I hear a moan escape from her throat and it sends a wave of pleasure through my body. I pull away from her lips kissing her cheek, then her jaw, until my lips meet the nape of her neck while my hands were busy tracing up her back until I found the back of her swimsuit.

She strains her neck to one side moaning for more as her hands play with my hair. My fingers undo the knots of her suit and I quickly throw it out of the way revealing her breasts. My lips make their way down from her neck to her collarbone and continue until I reach her stiff nipple. I take it in my mouth while another hand grabs her other breast. She lets out another moan while her body pushes farther into mine, her hands finding the hem of my shirt attempting to pull it up and over my head.

The thought of her seeing my body and the different marks on my skin made me panic and pull away. "Please don't." I grab her hands softly and look away.

"Catra-" she starts to say before I cut her off.

"I'm just not ready for you to see all that yet." I pause remembering she might've already seen it in the locker room. "Shit, I mean I don't know if you have seen it yet and if you haven't I don't want it to ruin the mood. To ruin us." I let her hands go, but my eyes still look away.

"See what?" She sounds hurt. Shit.

"My scars....." There's a silence that seems to of lasted a lifetime. "I've had several bad foster parents. Shadow Weaver wasn't the first one to beat me. I have...scars and marks from my past." Another pause. "Usually I can hide them, even in the locker room." I feel my eyes start to swell.

"Catra it's okay." She gets up and sits next to me grabbing my hand. "We don't have to do anything you're not ready for."

I sit for a moment taking in what she just said. She didn't look scared or horrified by what I said. She didn't look at me like some wounded animal. She just looked like she cares for me even more. I lift my shirt over my head and undo the swim suit top showing my scars.

"Catra it's okay, seriously." She starts.

"I know it is." I squeeze her hand. "I trust you."

She looks at me. Truly looks at me and smiles. "You're beautiful."

At that the flood gates opened. I let go of all the emotion and pain I've been holding in. She wraps her arms around me and holds me while I cry. She strokes my head and kisses it tenderly. I feel safe, I feel like myself, I feel loved for the first time.

Before I know it, I'm asleep.

A/N sorry for any typos or errors!! May of been drinking tonight while playing dnd with friends 😝 side note: thanks for the nearly 8k!!!