Chapter 35

Catra's POV

I groggily wake up from the sun shining in from the window and throw a pillow over my face to shield my eyes. Why aren't the freaking curtains pulled shut......oh...yeah....that's why. My face goes red as I recall what events happened last night remembering every little detail. And I mean every detail. I pull the pillow from my face (definitely not going be able to sleep now), roll over and don't see Adora. Where could that cute blonde be? 

I search through my jacket pocket that's lying on the floor from last night and find my phone. It's only 9 in the morning...ugggh...too early. Anyways there's no messages from Adora so I throw on one of her oversized shirts and decide to head downstairs. I open her door and the sweet smell of cooking fills my senses. 

I head down the stairs and see Adora going away at the stove cooking what smells like pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I call out for her but no answer, she probably has her headphones in or something. I walk up behind her carefully wrapping my arms around her waist and kissing her cheek, "Good morning gorgeous."

She looks over at me and immediately smiles, "Good morning to you too, you're up rather early." 

"Well we forgot to shut the curtains so the sun was shining directly on my face." 

"Oh yeah...sorry about that. I should've closed them when I woke up. Breakfast?" 

"Yes please!" I grab out two sets of dishes from the cabinets and placing them next to the stove for Adora to plate once she's done cooking, "This smells delicious. Thank you." I give her another kiss on the cheek. 

"Someone's feeling extra lovey this morning." I know she's teasing, but I immediately get defensive. 

"Well my bad, won't happen again. Sorry."

"Oh hush. You know I'm joking."  She grabs some of the flour and tosses it at me. 

I just stand there staring at her, reach over to the flour, grab a handful, reach over her head and start dusting her with it while having a devilish smirk on my face. 

"Oh...game on." She quickly turns off the burners and takes the bag of flour ammo from the counter and starts throwing flour bomb after flour bomb quickly covering me from head to toe. 

I grab the nearest item in reach which happen to be mini chocolate chips and start throwing handfuls back at her. 

"Heyyy that's not fair! You're wasting perfectly good chocolate chips!" She screams back running away from me.

Hmm....she makes a fair point. I put the bag of chocolate chips down and reach for the baking powder, flicking my wrist towards her causing a direct line of fire to hit her. "Take that!" 

We end up chasing each other around the kitchen and even into the living room using the couch and tables as obstacles. I land one last good shot at Adora as she screams running up onto the couch for higher ground. She looks down at me, "Looks like you're out." She has a devilish smile planted on her face as she holds her flour bag. Knowing I have to make a big move or lose the war I leap forward grabbing Adora's waist causing both of us to crash backwards on the couch causing a big cloud of flour to burst up covering both of us. We lay there for a minute laughing until we are completely out of breath. 

I rest my head on top of her chest while catching my breath, listening to her heartbeat. I look up at her, "So, I think its safe to say I won." 

"It's a tie." She puts her hand under my chin pulling me up for a kiss knowing that would end any sort of argument. I position myself better on top of her as our kiss grows deeper. 

I sit back up after a moment looking around at the chaos we created and start laughing. 

"What's so funny?" 

"This." I pull her up and gesture to the main floor. "Your aunts are never going to leave us alone again." 

"Oh my God.....they're going to kill me." She starts laughing as she takes in the damage that is done. As both of our laughter's start to die own our stomachs cry out in hunger which causes us to start laughing even more. 

"Maybe we should eat before cleaning." She suggests in which I nod too. 

"Food is cold but oh well." I fill both of our plates up with food and we chow down not wasting time on small talk. 

"This is going to take us all day to clean." She says finishing her plate. 

"What time are your Aunts supposed to be home?" I ask looking at my phone and seeing its 11:30. 

She shrugs, "I don't know. They just said sometime in the afternoon."

"Well babe, that doesn't leave us much time. It's already 11:30." Her facial expression quickly changes to panic. I take her finished plate and put it in the sink. "Relax. We will get it all cleaned in time. Alexa, play late 90's and early 2000s." The Alexa starts playing Spice Girls, If You Wanna Be My Lover. "C'mon babe. This is your jam." 

"You're right. It is." She takes my outstretched hand we start dancing, singing, and cleaning the entire place. Hopefully with time to spare before her Aunts come home. 

A/N  Hello!! I'm trying to do more frequent updates. Wanted this chapter to be more cute-sy after the night they had. Hope you are all having a wonderful first half of your week! Much love to you all!!!