Chapter 36

Catra's POV

"Adora! What are you doing?! Are you for real right now?" I angrily call out. I can't believe that she would do this. How dare she! After all we have been through...

A few minutes go by without hearing any word from her. "Adora do you even hear me?!" I try calling out again. It's been three months since prom. Yeah, a lot has happened...I don't even know how to process it all. It all happened one right after the other. Everything was so fine and then one day everything wasn't. It was one bad thing after another bad thing. I've been living with Adora and her Aunts the entire time and its honestly been so lovely and amazing. I just...don't know what happened. 

"Gosh! Adora get down here!" I call out one more time. I hear rustling upstairs. 

"Why just so we can have another argument? No thank you." I hear her shout out. 

I feel so betrayed. So angry at the world. "Adora please get down here. We need to talk." My voice was gentler this time. 

"Are you going to act like a child again?" She calls out.

"No. Just please."

I hear the hesitation in her footsteps, but she decided to come over and sit on the couch. I take a seat across from her. We stare at each other for what feels like forever, but in all actuality couldn't be more than just a couple of minutes. 

"So....." She starts, but slowly starts to trail off not sure what to say. She has a look of anger mixed with sadness and pain. 

"So. I uh, wanted to talk about things." 

"Okay."

"I just need to understand what happened. Why it happened." I try to hold my tone to keep the anger from festering. 

"We have already been over this 100 times, Catra." 

"Well let's make it 101 then." 

She takes a deep breath before speaking. "Okay. I got angry with you because you couldn't see what you did wrong. In fact I am still angry with you because you still don't see what you did wrong. You don't own it. You just deflect and turn it around on me. You couldn't see how it hurt me. I still don't know if you do. The fact you can't let go of your anger from Shadow Weaver. You're letting it destroy you and everything around you. I know it's bee a real struggle with the court systems and the constant interviews about her, but I have been trying my best to be there for you. To be here for you. You keep shutting me out, whether you know it or not. I've tried to communicate with you about it, but you just shut off and run out the door or blow up in my face about something else. You turned to dangerous things, Catra. You started going out and partying and returning home drunk a lot---"

"It has not been a lot!! Plus, it's not like I'm doing drugs or anything." I interrupt her. 

"I know you haven't been doing drugs, but that doesn't make the constant drinking and skipping school okay either. You're going to let this destroy you. I'm doing what I can, but you're also letting it destroy us." I see a tear well up in her eyes. 

"I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have a problem." I cross my arms. 

"See this is part of it right here. You refuse to see it." 

"That's because there isn't anything to see. I go out, I have fun. It helps me let loose after all the shit I've been through." I look away. I can feel the anger start to boil. "It's not like you would know anything about it anyways" I muttered quietly under my breath hoping she didn't hear it. 

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

"Of course. It's always nothing. Catra you're going to ruin your life. You can't let this anger get to you. When you drink and come home you're not the loving you that you once were...you get even more angry. You say nothing but mean and hurtful things. You've damaged property and belongs and have gotten aggressive with me. Catra you've made me scared..." The tears in her eyes start to flow down her cheeks. I should be soft by this, but it just angers me more. What is she talking about?

"Catra....I want to help you. Please."

"I don't need help." I stand up and walk out the door. 

A/N Guys I am so so so so sorry for such a beyond late post. I know this one is short, but it is a little personal. I am currently going through a divorce and switching jobs so it's been a lot to handle right now. This chapter offers a very small insight to why the divorce is happening. I hope you all like it and thank you so much for the continued support. I seriously love you guys so much.