Aqualad pried it open, staring down the deep shaft. The youngest among them shot a cable up to the ceiling, using it to catapult himself down into the elevator with the other two in tow. All of them landed on a floor that read twenty-six. Kaldur opened the doors for them to be able to proceed forward. There eyes wandered around at the wall to wall basin. Kid decided it was a good idea to go off running, ignoring his future leader's call. Once he saw these giant monstrosities walking on four limbs in a line go by, he stumbled to a stop as they nearly crushed him, the two he left behind racing to catch up.

"Nope, nothing odd going on here," Wally said sarcastically while Aqualad stared in awe at the beats who walked by, unbothered.

The trio continued onward through the level, coming to a floor of ceiling containers with creatures inside them, electrified. The boy wonder made his way to the computer, plugging in his hologlove. "They call them genomorphs." He was astonishes as he read through the files. "Whoa, look ra the stats on these things. They're living weapons." Robin continued to go through them, stopping when something caught his eye. "Wait, there's more. Project Kr and Project HYDRA, both are triple encrypted, i can't-"

"Don't move." They all froze as a man, known as Guardian, barged into the room. He had one of the creatures on his shoulders. At first they tried to reason with him but when that didn't work ended up fighting their way out, barley escaping. The two followed Robin to the lowest level, where both the projects were being held. As the doors opened they raced out, immediately being spotted by the mystery creature Kaldur spotted earlier. They ran down the hallway into the room with the door labeled Kr, making it inside just in time before Guardian along with his beasts caught them.

Robin sighed stepping back. "We're safe."

"We're trapped," the eldest corrected.

"Uh, guys? You might wanna see this," Kid called over his companions. They walked over as he rose the lights, eyes widened as they set their gaze on the person on the containment chamber. A clone of Superman. He walked up to the chamber, reading what was written on the clipboard next to it. "Big K, little r, the atomic symbol for Krypton."

Aqualad turned to his right. "Robin, hack."

He filled them in on everything he got from the files he hacked. Kid felt something in him twist as his friend continued to read. The speedster stated it was wrong, convincing them to set the clone free. The two agreed almost instantly, Robin hacking to get the chamber open. Once it did, the clones eyes opened, focusing on the Atlantian in front of him. Before he could react, Kaldur was tackled to the floor. The clone punched him repeatedly before Robin and Kid Flash tried to get him off. They were all taken down easily, losing consciousness.

............................................................................

Aqualad, Robin, and Kid Flash woke up to find themselves strapped into one of their own containment chambers, their eyes focusing on Superboy. "What? What do you want?" Kid frantically asked unnerved by the telepathic voice he heard in his head which woke him from his state. "Quit staring, you're creeping me out."

"Uh, KF, how bout we not tick off the guy who can fry us with a look?" Robin warned. He started to pick at his locked wrist using a hidden lock pick as his friends talked to Superboy. The clone looked at them confused as they asked about his life. They had almost convinced him to help them when the head scientist entered, dismissing the clone while placing a genomorph on his shoulder. He walked down the hallway only stopping when he heard Aqualad's voice calling him.

The trio looked up as the electrified rods the scientist was using to prob them, powered down, their eyes landing on Superboy. The boy wonder freed himself, telling SB to help Kaldur while he helped Wally. As soon as they were out the four of them made their way through the hallway, the Kryptonian stopping completely as he heard screaming.