"Jared... please, no." I gasped out, my vision blurring slightly. 

The only answer I got from him was a swift, hard kick to my stomach, making me cry out in pain. My vision blurred, black dots danced there was across my vision. He didn't stop there, he kept beating me. 

"Help!" I cried out one last time as he drew closer and closer to me. He placed his hands over my mouth and laughed. 

"No one is going to hear you babe. You should have taken the offer I presented a few weeks ago instead of telling me you wanted to wait. Now you have to do it my way, and I told you, you wouldn't like it." He said into my ear as tears ran down my face and I thrashed around, trying to get away from him. But it was too late. Crying out in pain I begged for death as he rammed into. I begged for death that night.

Screaming, someone was screaming. I jolted awake kicking in screaming. I felt someone beside me and screamed more, fighting off the person. 

My light turned on showing a bewildered and confused Scott. I stopped screaming and stopped fighting him. I took a huge gulp of air and looked around my room, my hands shaking as I tried to find the attacker. But he wasn't here, it was only a dream. My thoughts froze at this, no it wasn't a dream, it was a memory. 

"Dee? Are you ok?" Scott asked snapping me out of my thought. He made a move to comfort me but I flinched away and he held his hands up in surrender.  

Scene after scene they flashed in my mind until I couldn't hold it back anymore. I cried. 

"Dee?" Scott whispered and sat next to me, wrapping his arm around me. I didn't push him away; I kept thinking back to what happened, how he saved me. I won't be afraid of him, he was my protector.  

I kept crying and I crawled into his lap, wrapping my arms around him and burying my head into his chest. 

"He's back, Jared is back." I finally got out, sobs raking my body.

*** Preston's P.O.V***

Someone's screams woke me up. Jolting up in bed I felt nothing but terror. I knew immediately who it was from. My mate. In a flash I was jumping from my opened window, feeling my wolf take over in midair. When I hit the ground my black wolf lurched into the woods. 

I felt her terror increase causing me to run faster. I let the bond between us lead me to her. The bond led me to a house a few miles out of town. I stayed near the trees, not wanting to be caught. I saw a light on, on the bottom floor and decided that it must be her room. 

I crept closer to the window, making sure to stay low. I peered inside and saw her, my mate. She was sitting on her bed shaking. My wolf gave a low growl looking around for the danger that caused her to react this way, but I couldn't find anything. 

Seeing movement I looked again and saw someone sitting beside her, Scott. My wolf wanted to growl and tear through her room and kill Scott. Scott was sitting beside her in nothing but his boxers; the bed was a mess so he must have been sleeping in it. Anger coursed through my body. Mine. I wanted to shout at him. She was mine; she will be touched by no one but me. 

"He's here. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner but I know how you would have reacted." Her soft, angelic voice said, causing my ears to prickle a shiver ran down my body at the sound of it. 

In a flash Scott was up, her threw open her closet and grabbed a bag. I watched tensed as he began throwing clothes or anything he could get his hands on in the bag. He mumbled something under his breath as he continued to pack. 

"Scott? What are you doing?" She hiccupped, removing her hands from her face. She looked shocked at the sight before her; she was obviously not prepared to see him pack her things.