Chapter 2

•PROMISE•

Sitting on the couch Lisa was in the kitchen cooking while I watched tv.

"And then the bitch is Mexican on top of that like that baby isn't going to look anything like me". I heard her say causing me to frown before standing up and walk to the kitchen.

"Aye hang that shit up". I said walking over to the bar taking a seat.

"Girl I'm gone call you later". She said before hanging up the phone.

"Why you got to be disrespectful". I ask watching her move around the kitchen.

"What are you talking about". She asked turning to look at me.

"You know what I'm talking about don't play dumb Lisa I heard you on the phone talking about some aNd ThE BiTcH iS MeXiCaN". I said tilting my head to the side.

"Well, she is". She said shrugging her shoulders.

"Okay, but how does her race have anything to do with this". I ask mugging her.

"The baby isn't going to look anything like me I don't know why we couldn't choose the black girl I mean I am black". She said and I shook my head cause she sounds dumb as fuck.

"Look she ain't have to give her body up to do this shit for us and last time I checked you was the one that was pressuring me to do this". I said staring at her.

"Yeah, but I thought we would pick a black girl but you went on and choose her". She said turning towards me.

"IT DON'T FUCKING MATTER WHAT COLOR THE DAMN BABY IS". I yelled causing her to jump.

Snatching my phone off of the counter I grab my keys and walk out getting in the car.

Going through my contacts my finger hovers over Sophia's contact. I'm really contemplating on if I should call her or not.

"Fuck it". I mumbled to myself pressing the call button.

The phone rang a few times before she picked it up.

"Hey promise". She said and her accent was strong but I could still understand what she was saying.

"You trying to go somewhere". I ask and it was silent on the other end.

"I don't...Is Lisa coming"? She asked and I could hear it in her voice that she wasn't sure if she should or not.

"Nah she not coming so you down or what". I ask cutting the car on cause it was getting hot.

"She already doesn't like me now so I don't think it's a good idea". She said and I nodded my head.

"Okay cool talk to you some other time". I said about to hang up.

"What what what come and pick me up I'll text you my address". She said before hanging up and not even a minute later a text came through with her address.

Putting it into GPS I back out and pull off.

|35 minutes later|

Getting out of the car I walk up to the door and knock. I could hear the locks turning before the door opens.

"Hey, you didn't have to get out". She said as she walked out closing the door behind her.

"I know but I do this with everybody it's a habit". I said shrugging as we both walked to the car.

"So where are we going". She asked buckling her seatbelt as I pulled off.

"Main event". I said looking from the road at her and her face was scrunched up.

"What is that". She asked waning back into the seat.

"It's a place with different games and shit you'll like it". I said and she just nodded.

"So why did you ask me to come and where's Lisa". She asked looking over at me.

"Me, you, and my wife are about to be on this journey together for 9 months so why not get to know the lady that's going to be carrying my child". I said cutting the heat on low.

"That's understandable". She said and the rest of the ride was quiet.

|20 minutes later|

Walking inside of main event I pay for our stuff and we walk in and start playing games.

"You trying to play laser tag". I ask pointing over to it and she nods her head.

"So what do I do". She asked as I strapped the vest on her.

"I'm on a different team so if you see somebody that has red shoot they ass up". I said causing her to laugh.

"So I'm on the green team". She asked and I nodded my head.

"The games bout to start". I heard over the intercom.

"You ready". I asked and she shook her head no causing me to laugh.

"Go ahead and go to your team". I said pushing her to the other side slightly.

We all walked in and went somewhere to hide and then the game started.

|15 minutes later|

"You are a cheater". She said taking her vest off and hanging it up.

"How am I a cheater your ass was just standing there". I said hanging mines up while a smile on my face.

"I got to get back home so let's go". I said and she nodded following behind me.

Getting in the car I start it up and pull off.

|20 minutes later|

Stopping in front of her house I get out and go to her side opening the door.

"Thanks for taking me out it was fun". She said looking up at me.

"Hey you apart of the family now so it's no problem I'll catch you later". I said as she unlocked the door and went in.

Getting back in the car I pull off and drive home.

Hopefully, Lisa is gone...

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES
#COMMENT
#VOTE