Chapter 3

|Monday|
                                        •SOPHIA•

Today was the day I get inseminated and I'm kind of nervous. Part of me is happy that a couple is getting the chance to be happy and another part of me is wondering if Lisa has come around and is now happy that she's going to be a mom.

"Hey, Sophia". A voice said causing me to look over at the entrance of the hospital and see Promise and Lisa.

"Hey, you guys". I said standing up with a smile on my face I went to give Promise a handshake as he reached for a hug.

"Oh, I'm sorry". I said with a small laugh before giving him a hug.

"Hello, Lisa". I say holding my hand out to her with a small smile.

"Hey". She said going to sit down.

"So did you watch that movie I told you about on AMC". Promise asked as I sat back down and he sat beside me.

"Yeah, I thought it was really funny". I said thinking about the movie fools rush in.

"I thought you would like that shit". He said laughing a little bit.

"You be texting her". I heard Lisa say as we both looked over at her.

"Yeah, I do". He said with a shrug and I could tell by the look on her face she didn't like that.

"Look it's not to be disrespectful it's just to get to know each other so it won't be weird if I get pregnant". I said trying to reason with her.

"Was I talking to you though". She asked and I looked at Promise.

"Hello, are you guys ready to get started".Dr. Emmanuel said and I nodded standing up.

"Alright follow me". He said turning around and walking away.

"So here's a gown for you we have a bathroom in the room so go ahead and get changed for me and I'll be setting up". He said handing me the gown and I walked in the bathroom undressing and putting the gown on.

Walking out I get on the bed and lay back watching as they set things up.

"It might feel uncomfortable but bare with me". The Dr. said and I nodded looking up at the ceiling.

I felt him put the tube in and I felt fine.

"I'm going to need you to keep your legs propped up for about 15 to 20 minutes and then you'll be good to go and you'll need to come back in two weeks". He said taking off his gloves and washing his hands.

"Okay thank you". I said and he nodded walking out.

"I have to go". Lisa said standing up grabbing her purse.

"Where you going and how you gone get there". Promise asked looking over at her.

"My friend is outside we're going shopping". She said and I shook my head rolling my eyes.

"This is supposed to be a special moment for us and you trying to go shopping". Promise said and she sighed.

"I told you about us going shopping a few days ago". She said and he just nodded.

"Alright bye". He said and she leaned down kissing him but he didn't kiss her back.

She walked out and it was just us two which was a little awkward.

"So you feel anything yet". He asked causing me to laugh.

"I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that". I said and he made the oh face.

"Right...I just...right". He said nodding his head.

"I don't mean to be nosy or anything but what kind of personality do you hope you and Lisa's child will have". I ask genuinely wanting to know.

"My personality is really outgoing so I would say I want the same for my child not that being closed off is bad either". He said with a smile on his face.

"I'm really glad you are excited about this". I said with a smile.

"Lisa will come around she just needs time". He said and I nodded.

|20 minutes later|

The doctor walked in interrupting our conversation.

"Alright, Sophia you're good to go". He said and I sat up getting off of the bed.

Grabbing my clothes I go into the bathroom and change. Walking out Promise was already standing by the door.

"Thanks for staying with me". I said as we walked out of the hospital.

"You apart of the family now it's the least I could do". He said throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"I guess I will see you guys in two weeks". I said as we stopped in front of my car.

"I'll be checking up on you but yeah I'll see you in two weeks".He said opening my door and I get inside starting it up rolling down the window as he closes the door.

"Bye". I said waving at him.

"Bye Sophia". He said backing away from the car.

Rolling the window back up I pull off.

He's a really good man...

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES
#COMMENT
#VOTE