Chapter 2: Rain in Heaven

A/N :

If you enjoy listening to music while reading, I highly suggest using headphones and press the YouTube links when they appear through the different chapters. But you don't have to, it's your decision :)

Enjoy!

There is nothing society hates more than these things in an early morning: alarms, Mondays and happy morning people who turn into a second alarm.

If we could be honest, the first day of school always feels like the beginning of the new year.

After the way too short and rainless summer vacations, where school didn't even cross your mind between palm trees, gritty sand with sweet cocktails, you stood in front of the Gothic grey building and looked up into the sky. You could tell right away from the first glance that this was a prestigious Catholic school. Or as the others used to call it "the old nuns' shelter."

The black spires made the constructions look more appealing, and the windows with the pointed arches let the sun fill the rooms with light. Especially in winter, when the days got longer and darker by at least four o'clock, the building looked abandoned and spooky.

The first thing your mind needed to stabilize your energy was nothing else than the taste of fresh coffee. The way through the flying buttress led you to Maz's small cafe, suited for members of the school. Every time you walked in was like entering for the first time a bakery that had baked fresh, tasty croissants and cinnamon rolls.

God, you loved that smell. It made you feel secure. Like you were in heaven.

Walking through the cafe was like strutting the catwalk. On the left and right side sat students around the blank tables with their uniforms and waiting for their friends to enter class together. Some others were laughing, gossiping, and hugging each other after being separated for eleven weeks.

With your morning resting bitch face, you looked like you had a sign hanging on you that warned, 'Do not touch or talk to me while I'm wearing my earphones.'

As you approached the line, you gazed from afar at the showcase filled with tasty pastries. You inhaled the smell of warm cinnamon rolls like they were melting on your tongue. With your music on the highest volume, you heard nothing that was happening around you.

While impatiently waiting for your turn, you fell into deep thoughts, imagining what new types of students were already sitting in your class.

Suddenly, you felt soft yet large fingers touching your right shoulder.

So much for that hanging sign.

With half-closed eyes, you turned around and spotted a big, firm man standing in front of you.

He was wearing a dark blue sweater with a blazer, and black jeans that were not too tight. It took you a moment to realize his head was sitting much higher on his shoulders. His wavy black hair covered his neck and shimmered in the bright light, bringing out the color of his blazer, as if he recently just came from the hair salon.

He was a stranger to this school, because never in your life have you seen such a masculine and striking face that fitted together so well. As if Picasso had brought him to life.

The man's hazel brown eyes reminded you of a beautiful forest in a chilly October, leaving goosebumps all over your back. His height was definitely above the average for men in Germany. And his full lips moved like he was trying to say something, yet the only thing you heard was the melody of the saxophone.