Dear beloved readers

Dear beloved readers,

It has been exactly 11 months since I last published a chapter and for that; I am wholeheartedly sorry. It's hard to believe that I started this story in August 2020 and still haven't finished it.

There is indeed a curse on fanfiction authors, who always have something bad happen to them that ceases them from writing further. But unfortunately, it happened to me as well.

In early November 2021, I tested positive for Covid, and only in September 2022 started slowly recovering from the long-term effects of this shitty virus. Post-COVID or (longcovid) prevented me from continuing my normal life and education, so now I have to make up for an entire lost year I will never get back. To keep it short; It was fucking rough, a living hell and I can't thank my parents, my friends, my teachers, and the rehabilitation center enough for being by my side and god bless those who are still trying to recover from it. This virus is honestly not a joke.

Although my body is doing much better, my head is still playing some tricks on me, so hopefully, my neurological recovery will start in January, or else I will enter my villain era. I'm not fully "healed" yet, but I am blessed by the support I receive and I'm on the right way :)

I feel much better than I used to and I can confirm that I am back :D

During this horrible year, I often thought about the story and how much I missed it. The amount of times I thought about deleting it scares me. But I promised myself: Instead of forcing myself to continue writing something that doesn't make me happy anymore, I want to change it because I know I'll do better and have more fun doing it. If I have the possibility, why not use it?

Considering this is my first story to which I have a deep connection, I will NOT delete the story. But I will strongly edit it...

As much as I love Guilty Diamond Hands, I realized I can't continue writing this story in the second person. For some reason, before my illness, I noticed having a hard time writing in the "YOU" tense and without describing the protagonist and the mother accurately. It just didn't feel right. I also had a hard time writing the chemistry between Kylo and (Y/N).

My only solution:

I will change the Reader x Kylo Ren to a Reyli fanfiction, where I will write in the third person (She said) with Rey's character replacing the main character aka (Y/N) and Kylo still being the love interest.

I know in the last few years I have changed many things about this story like the title and the chapter numbers and so on. Although, if I look at it from my perspective, there isn't that much of a change that I'm planning to do. I think... It is still sort of the same approach as the first 21 chapters. Only the chapters would be divided differently. Please bear with me. I swear I am not doing this to annoy you.

It would be unfair of me to keep the kudos and the comments (although I love them endlessly and always look back on what has always motivated me and made me happy). That being said, somewhere over the next weeks, I will delete this copy and start a new one from the very beginning with 0 everything.

Guilty Diamond Hands will plot-wise remain the same. There is going to be a replacement of characters, and I will divide the chapters differently so that I can get to the plot of the story faster. For example, Qi'ra would appear much earlier in the beginning. As well "the mother" will be Rey's actual mother, Miramir, from the Rise of Skywalker, which is portrayed by the legendary Jodie Comer. I love the fact that I now get to name them all (The not using names or writing (Y/N) in some dialogues was hard too)

Unfortunately, Vicrul will have to leave us because after watching a Twilight and Bridget Jones marathon, I realized again how much I hate love triangles and want to keep them far away from my story. Especially when it is between two students and a teacher... Oh boy, what was I thinking...

Coming back to what was I thinking, the main character's age doesn't morally satisfy me and it's weird how long it took me to notice it :) Considering they are both in school with this massive power dynamic and life knowledge plus getting them in a forbidden relationship and all the shit I will make them go through.... oh boy, the nicest thing I could do to them is have them something less problematic:

And that is them having a two in front of their age so I can sleep in peace :) Let's just add one number up, so that Rey is 20 when they get physical, and well, Kylo is in his end 20s. "Oh my god, *forced high pitch tone* you changed so much about the story and the characters."

The title remains the same, my username remains the same, and I believe the synopsis does too. I think I will also delete it from Wattpad so that it only exists on Ao3. I am optimistic, and I have a good feeling about the new changes :)

I would also love to give a big thank you to the reader, Ohreally, for encouraging me with each chapter. Your words have helped me so much over the years and have always brightened my day. I love you, and I will never forget you.

Last but not least, if you decide to hop on the train to my new beginning and the rebirth of Guilty Diamond Hands, you are more than welcome, and if you are not a fan of Reylo Fanfiction, that's okay :)

I wish each of you good luck in life and only the best.

❤️

With love,

- Darthpiggo