Drinking nights

When you had finally gotten the car pushed out of the rut in had been stuck in, you all three headed towards the nearest town you could find.

Surprisingly the car still ran okay and the windshield wasn't completely broken. There was still a decent amount you could see through. Both windows, however, had been completely smashed out and air rushed in the now open spaces.

You had all decided just to go back to Laramie and find a motel there. None of you could fall asleep on the way there. It was almost morning anyways.

Fuller was most on edge. You still sat in between them, leaning against Fuller in a way to comfort him. He said nothing and only watched out the window, checking the side mirror every now and then.

You couldn't blame him. In fact, you even felt guilty. It was a good amount of your fault they had gotten into this situation. You had been the one to get Rusty worked up over you, not him. Now, it had brought all three of you on the verge of greeting death.

You had been 50 miles outside of Laramie when you saw a small repair shop. Lewis decided just to stop and get things fixed now. You and Fuller sat on an old car seat outside the shop as Lewis talked to the mechanics.

When he finally walked out, he looked between you two. "Hey they got the windshield fixed." You gave a small laugh but Fuller just huffed. "Yeah." Lewis gave him a sideways glance. "Well, they said that windows are gonna be a completely different story so." You nodded and looked over. Fuller just sat, playing in the dirt.

It was a couple hours later that you had finally gotten back on the road and back to Laramie. Everyone sat quiet until Fuller sat up straight and reached down, unscrewing the CB from the holder. He pulled it free and wrapped it up, throwing it out the window and onto the shoulder of the road. Nobody could argue with him.

You drove the rest of the way, finally glad to be pulling up to a large building with the familiar red neon sign. "The Owl motel. Charming." Fuller looked around and shrugged. You climbed out with the guys and all made your way to the front desk. You booked two separate rooms and paid for them.

You gave a sigh as you stepped out into the cool night air, finally being able to relax again. You and Lewis walked back to the room while Fuller went the opposite way. Lewis stopped and turned. "Hey, the rooms this way." Fuller kept walking. "Yeah, and the bar is this way."

You both gave shrug and decided to follow Fuller, leading to a small biker bar just down the street. You all ordered a round of shots and Fuller finally started to smile again, raising a glass. "Heres to-" You smiled cutting him off. "Nebraska!" Fuller furrowed his brows at you. "Raising to states?"

Fuller smiled but shook his head, standing to get another round. He came back with a large grin. "Hey! Look what uncle Fuller found!" You all took one and threw it back. Fuller once again returned to the bar. "3 tequilas. Please."

You threw the shot back and looked between them. "Did you know, I can take a cherry stem and tie it in a knot with my tongue?" Fuller's mouth fell open. "Shut up!" You made a humming noise in your throat as you gave him a nod. Fuller slammed his hand on the table before returning to the bar.

He came back with 3 cherries and sat the down, grabbing one for himself. "Choose your weapon." You and Lewis both took one as well. "Let's see what you're made of." You all are the cherries quickly, holding the stems. "Ready and...go."

You all began swirling the stems around in your mouths until Fuller pulled his out first. "Done!" You were right after him. "Done!" Lewis shook his head and pulled his out anyways. "Not even close." He gave a small laugh and smiled. "It wasn't even bent!" You highfived Fuller and smiled.

Lewis stood up. "I'm running to the bathroom." Fuller gave a nod and you stood up as well. "I'll get more drinks." Fuller smiled and you walked to the bar to give your order. You gently leaned against it and waved to the bartender. "May I get 3 more shots of tequila and some matches please?" He gave you a nod and you looked around.

A guy a few seats down from you stood up and looked at you. "What's your name, sweetheart?" You stood straight and faced him as he approached you. "C'mon what your name?" He brought a cigarette to his mouth. "Hm?"

You rolled you eyes and turned back to the bar. He took the cigarette out of his mouth. "Aw, c'mon. Whats your name, sweet thing?" You hugged and turned to him. "I'm just here to buy drinks, you can call me whatever you want." You turned back to the bar.

"How bout I call you peaches? Do you like peaches?" You turned. "No, not really." He smiled. "No? You don't like peaches?" Lewis suddenly came besides you. "What's going on?" The man turned to him. "What is this your bitch?" You rolled your eyes and looked at Lewis. "Excuse me?"

The man got closer to his face. "Excuse me? I said, is this your bitch." Two other guys now came on either side of Lewis, staring at him. "Cause if it is, you better shut your bitch up." Lewis gave an annoyed look and turned away. "Hey, look at me, campus boy." He turned back. "Did you hear what I said?" Lewis tilted his head a bit. "I bet you wanna hit me, huh?"

Suddenly Fuller's voice rang throughout the whole bar. "Bitch! Shut up!" He quickly walked in front of you, staring at you. "Are you mouthing off again?!" You were stunned. "God damnit!" Fuller slammed his hands on the bar and turning to the guy. "Can turn your back for one minute, huh? I owe you one." He slapped the guy one the shoulder before turning to you.

"Now c'mon!" He started dragging you away. "It's back in the floor with you, daisy!" He drug you straight out the door. "God damnit!" Once outside, you turned to him. "Do that ever again and I'll hang you." You started walking back to the hotel with Fuller behind. "Okay, okay...jeez."

You had gotten to the hotel room when Lewis had caught up. He shook his head as he walked up. "Hey." You gave a nod. "Hey." He looked over to where he had come from and paused. "Hey, I got an idea." You tilted your head. "And what's that?" "We never go back there again." You smiled with a sigh. "Oh, I can't wait."You shook you head with a smile and opened the room door.