Chapter 2

"I could be your fake boyfriend"

Those words echoed in my head. Why would he even suggest that? Why would I want to be his fake girlfriend? Who do I look like to him and above all, why me? This has to be a joke. He is someone who would say something like that, he is Noah Rivers. I started laughing.

"Are you okay?" Noah asked in a worried voice waving his hands back and forth in my face.

"I think the question is, are you okay? You want to be my fake boyfriend?" I scoffed. "Why?"

He shrugged his shoulders and looked off to the side. "Thanks for the offer and the laugh, Noah but, i'm fine." I said. I walked away.

"You need this, people for once will notice you and you don't need to be that loser that everyone thinks you are." He shouted out. I stopped in my tracks and listened to him.

"Why would you think I'm a loser that needs your social status?"I took a long stare at him and tried walking away again, this time successfully.

I felt tears taking over my eyes. This can't happen now. I need to be strong, I can't show him or anyone that i'm weak. I'm not a loser, why does everyone think I'm a loser? I walked into the bathroom and tried to calm myself down. I threw my bag to the ground and locked the bathroom doors, I just wanted to be alone.

'There's no need to cry, he was just messing around with you' I took a deep breath and let it all out. I looked myself into the mirror and wondered, What if I was different, what if I had friends. What would my life be like?

I splashed my face with cold water to calm myself down. I tried putting my hair into a ponytail but, failed due to how straight and thin my hair was. Suddenly, the one minute bell rang and I grabbed my stuff ran out the down the halls and tried to make it to class on time. The minute I tried to step in the classroom, the late bell rang. Crap! Late for Mr. Smiths class again!

"Miss Gray, this is the fifth time you've been late to my class." He said with annoyance in his voice.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. "I promise it won't happen again!" I said, hoping that he'll let this go.

Before I broke free from him, he said the one word that I've been trying to escape from. "Detention now!" He pointed at the door and I left the classroom, making my way to detention.

I arrived to detention and may I say, It was horrible just sitting there doing absolutely nothing and hearing the teacher talking on the phone complaining how her date was horrible.

Are they even allowed to do that? I didn't deserve this at all. The door opened and a boy walked in but, I couldn't see his face because he had a hood on. He must be another jock in the classroom. "Have you come to join us Rivers?" The teacher said.

I flinched and my eyes widen, RIVERS? No, he cannot be in this classroom. I don't want to see his face at all. "You know it Miss Clark" He said with a smirk on his face. You had no idea how bad I wanted to smack that smirk of his face. His eyes looked around the room for a sit and he stopped at me. There was an open sit next to me. Great, he was going to sit there.

"Oh well, well look who we have here." He commented. I rolled my eyes and choose to ignore his comment. "Come on, you can't be mad for me saying the truth." He said.

"Well, I didn't need to hear the 'truth' asshole." I said quoting with my fingers. 'And besides, I'm not a loser."

He gasped and joked "She speaks!" I looked out the window and ignored him once more. "Fine, i'm sorry I was being harsh. Now, can you help with history please?" He begged.