Chapter 8

The policemen excused himself after he realizes that there was no big trouble, just another minor teenager rebelling.  Noah stood behind me awkwardly until he got a text from his parents asking him to come home. 

"Okay, I agree with your punishment. Do I have to give you the phone?" I asked my mother,

She sighed, Pain ran through her face. "No honey, you can keep it. But, I expect you to be home after school for a week." 

I nodded in an agreement. There wasn't any point of me fighting with her when I was in the wrong. The punishment wasn't bad at all. It's part of my normal routine.  The blackeye ached and the swelling finally came down. "Is there any ointment that I could use for my bruise?" My mom shrugged and went into the kitchen to grab a snack. 

"it's upstairs in my bathroom. It is best if you use the gel for your eye.  If that doesn't work, just put an ice on it." Chase chimed in. I raised my eyebrows in shock to his knowledge. "Don't ask how I know about it." 

Chase's bathroom was surprisingly clean. Just a shirt on the floor and toothbrush was on the sink. I expected his bathroom to be really messy and smelly. Maybe I should give my brother the better of the doubt. 

"YEAH TOUCHDOWN!" Chase shouted from downstairs.  

I take that back, He is still an idiot. 

The ointment was very cold and it stung my eye a little bit. The medicine was spread around my eyelid and under my eye.  I was visualizing myself in the mirror and I couldn't recognize the girl who was looking back.  

Did I make the right choice? 

Will I change if  I continue with this deal?

A vibration that was coming from my back pocket of my jeans interrupted my thoughts. It was Noah. 

 I didn't want to reply to him because I was angry at him for making me go to that party

 I didn't want to reply to him because I was angry at him for making me go to that party. After some thinking, I can't be mad at him forever.