Chapter 4

When Katii and I were led backstage, we saw Green Day at their most calm state. Tré was sat in one of the armchairs on his phone, Mike was spread out on one of the couches, his eyes closed. Billie was no where to be seen.

I tapped Tré's shoulder. "Where's Billie?"

Tré looked up at me. "He had to pee, he'll be here soon."

I nodded and looked over at Mike as Tré and Katii chatted.

Whenever I looked at Billie Joe I felt a rush of love, but not like I loved Mike. With Billie was more of a protection thing, but I think Mike is hot. This confused me.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Billie Joe walked in and dropped his phone on the couch next to Mike, sitting on him 'accidentally' while letting out a fake 'whoops!'

Mike grunted and opened his eyes, making a noise as if the sheer weight of Billie had burst a major organ, letting out a wheezy 'dude, get off'. Billie stood and yanked Mike up, dropping down to sit next to him when his mission was successful.

"So why did you want to talk to me?" I asked. Mike suddenly looked interested, as did Tré, and they both glanced at Billie.

He struggled with his words for a while before settling on, "You've got a good voice. How would you fancy coming with us to see us record? Your friend too, of course.'

Katii squeaked as I nodded. "That sounds good. We gotta go now, Katii's Mom will be waiting and she'll think we made this up."

He smiled and nodded, watching as Tré hugged Katii before coming over to me and hugging me too. It made me feel safe. Mike decided to join in and hugged Katii, then swapped and hugged me instead while Billie hugged Katii.

This time, the hug from Mike made me blush.

After saying goodbye to all of them and getting things signed, I went out to the car with Katii and we got in, buzzing about the show and telling her all about meeting the guys and how awesome they were.

One thing I didn't understand is Billie wanted to talk to me. He didn't say something that he wanted to say, he got scared. So what isn't he telling me? And why every time I look at him do I feel like I've seen him before I knew Green Day?