Chapter 5

[The picture they're talking about is the one above]

When Katii's mom dropped me off, I ran up to my room to upload the pictures I had taken to Green Day's website as everyone else would be doing.

I had been on this website a lot recently. Despite Green Day's never ending tour for American Idiot, the boys would post to the website quite often, sometimes text posts or photos, or even videos and audio clips.

The only thing I hated was that my computer was so old, it took ages to load the pictures. So you can imagine it trying to load a video.

I spotted a post Billie had made just now, the picture wouldn't load but the caption just simply said '-BJ' to indicate that Billie had posted it. While the picture loaded I looked through the photos on my camera.

When I looked up, it had loaded. It was a picture of a young girl clutching a tiny guitar, looking at the camera with wide eyes. I recognised her but I couldn't think of where from.

All the comments were things such as 'I remember this picture all over the news' and 'Did you ever hear anything about Jaideyln?'

I blinked and suddenly I knew the girl in the picture. It was me.

I loaded up Google with shaky hands and googled 'Billie Joe Armstrong daughter' finding articles from years ago. Pictures of Billie being followed by paparazzi, pictures of him holding up pictures of the same girl, me.

There were interviews with him where he said the picture of me with the guitar was the last he ever took. I had went missing in those clothes which is why they were so important.

I felt sick. Who were my parents? How did I get here?

I called Katii and told her everything. Quietly, obviously.

She logged on to the website and agreed that the kid was me and told me to get out of there. Her mom would call the police when I got to Katii's.

I packed almost all my stuff, because it wasn't a lot. I left all the stuff my parents had bought me and hopped out my window, jogging to Katii's.