Chapter Eight - The Halloween Dance [Pt. 1]

[NEWLY EDITED 📝]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV

On the night of Halloween, Daniel sat on the steps outside his apartment and watched Freddy and his friends, garbed in bizarre costumes, depart for the dance at the high school. There was no sign of Y/N being apart of that group. In fact, he didn't even know if she'd be there. He had forgotten to ask her. . .mainly because he, himself, wasn't wanting to go.

On an impulse, Daniel went to look for Mr. Miyagi. Y/N seemed rather close to the old man and perhaps she'd be with him tonight. Besides, to be with her and Mr. Miyagi would cure his feeling of loneliness.

Indeed, he found them both in Mr. Miyagi's workroom, placing carved pumpkins on a table. Y/N had heard the screen door open; she turned around and grinned widely at the sight of Daniel.

"Hi, Daniel!"

Mr. Miyagi turned around after putting down his pumpkin.

"Oh, Daniel-san. Happy Halloween." Mr. Miyagi pointed to the two carved pumpkins. "You like? Y/N-san and I carved."

"Yeah, they look nice."

"Passed school today. Lots happening." Without a reply from Daniel, Mr. Miyagi instantly realized that Daniel wasn't planning to go. "What's the matter? You not going?"

"Nah," he answered.

"How come?"

"I'm not into dancing that much," said Daniel as he made his way over to Y/N and Mr. Miyagi. "I don't feel like it, anyway." He opened the mini refrigerator's door behind Mr. Miyagi and grabbed two cans of soda. "Want one, Y/N?"

She nodded and caught the can that Daniel had tossed to her.

"Oh, Daniel-san. You too much by self. Not good."

"I'm not by myself," Daniel denied. "I'm with you and Y/N."

Mr. Miyagi nodded in understanding, but then said, "To make honey, young bee need young flower. Not old prune. You need Y/N-san, not old man like me. You two need to go to dance together. It will be good for both."

"But I don't have a costume," Daniel and Y/N said in unison.

"If you two have costumes. . .you two go?"

"I'll only go if Daniel goes," Y/N spoke.

"I'd go if I went as the Invisible Man."

"Invisible Man?" repeated Mr. Miyagi, curious.

"Y'know, so no one would see me."

"Ohhh." Mr. Miyagi turned his head and looked up at a red polka dotted fabric and feathers that were hanging from the wall.

He knew just what to do.

+ + +
Your POV

Less than an hour later, Daniel and I entered the high school gymnasium which was crowded with kids and covered in Halloween decorations. Even bubbles were floating in the air.