Chapter Twenty - The Country Club

A/N:
(Key)

D/C - [dress color]
D/S - [dress style: whatever type of '80s dress you want to wear!]
H/T - [your hair type: wavy, curly, straight, etc.]
H/L - [your hair length]
H/C - [your hair color]
E/C - [your eye color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

"Oh, I just can't wait to go to that dinner tonight!" Aunt Kim exclaimed excitedly as the two of us were getting ready side-by-side in the bathroom. "Y'know, I've never been to a fancy country club before, Y/N. So, this'll be quite the experience, that's for sure!"

"Mmhm," I hummed in reply, not really in the mood to chatter like my aunt was. I understood why she was so excited, though; she had never been to a fancy event like this before. And she had also grown up not having a lot of money. Whereas I, on the other hand, had grown up the complete opposite. I had been to fancy events like this before. And I had been raised in Encino Hills — being privileged with having lots of money. So, I was happy that Aunt Kim would finally get to experience what it was like to be around rich folks. But I still wasn't too thrilled about what the night was going to hold.

A knock at our apartment door interrupted the brief silence between my aunt and I. We both turned our heads toward the door at the front of our apartment, as if wondering who would be the one to answer it.

"I'll get it, Aunt Kim," I assured her, stepping out of the bathroom and fastening an earring on my ear as I approached the front door. And when I opened it there, standing before me, was none other than Daniel LaRusso. His attractive appearance in that very moment made my heart flutter and my cheeks flush; he was wearing a white shirt over white pants, with a red jacket overtop. He was definitely a sight for sore eyes, and I was glad that he was my boyfriend and nobody else's.

We were both taking in each other's appearances as our widened eyes looked at each other up and down. The [d/c], [d/s] dress I was wearing complimented my body very well, and I had styled my [h/t], [h/l], [h/c] hair to the best of my ability. I had just finished perfecting my makeup and I had already put on all of my jewelry—my earrings being the final touch. I felt a sense of confidence in my overall appearance.

Eventually, I realized that neither of us had said a word yet, and it prompted me to say something.

"Hi, Daniel," I greeted him softly with a grin.

Daniel brought his eyes back up to mine. "Hi. Whoa," he breathed out, still taking in my appearance, and said, "You look. . .really beautiful."

My eyes dropped shyly to the ground as a small smile formed across my lips. "Thank you," I said, looking up once again at him.

"I-uh. . .I was actually wondering. . ." Daniel stuttered, unable to get his words out. He seemed to be taken aback.

"Yes?" I asked him teasingly, raising an eyebrow and grinning.

"Uh. . ." Daniel blushed and grinned bashfully, rubbing the back of his neck. "I was wondering if you would wanna try that big slide tonight at Golf 'N Stuff. But since you're all dressed up, it looks like you have somewhere else to be." Daniel chuckled.

"Yeah, as a matter of fact I do." I rolled my eyes at my next statement, "Ali invited me to her country club tonight at seven. It was her parents' idea, so I couldn't turn it down. But. . .I should be done by nine thirty."