Chapter Nine - The Halloween Dance [Pt. 2]

[NEWLY EDITED 📝]

A/N:
(Key)

E/C - [your eye color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV

Outside the high school, Daniel darted down the road, creating chaos with the lines of cars approaching him from both directions. Horns blared, warning him to move out of the way. But he had no time. Daniel was in such a hurry that he had to jump on top of a car's hood to be able to escape from the Cobras, who were chasing him down.

He knew his only hope for safety was to get over the chain-link fence at the far end of the athletic field. If he could do that, he'd be able to get home. If he couldn't, well, he didn't want to think about it.

Daniel ran across the empty field, pumping his arms and legs as fast as he could go. The fence was closer now, but he was growing more tired by the second. At last, he reached the fence separating him from his apartment complex and scrambled up it, struggling to reach the top. But before he could pull himself over, several arms grabbed him from behind and pulled him off.

The group of Cobras that Daniel had tried so hard to escape from were now surrounding him. Daniel made one last, desperate attempt to break away, but was grabbed by the shoulders by one of his tormenters.

"You little wimp!" His knee landed square in Daniel's chest, ending all hope of escaping. He pushed Daniel to Johnny, who began shaking Daniel by the arms.

Johnny spoke with rage in his voice while grabbing the collar of Daniel's shirt, "You couldn't leave well enough alone, could you, ya little twerp? Nah, you had to push it. Well, now you're gonna pay!" Johnny landed a hard punch to Daniel's stomach, causing him to double over in pain.

Daniel, unbalanced, stumbled over towards Dutch, who caught him before he collapsed. "Whoa, where ya goin', sweetheart?"

Through his blurring vision, Daniel noticed a distant figure running in the field. He hoped it wouldn't be another Cobra coming to join the rest of them to beat him up, yet it most likely would be. Because who would come to help him anyway?

A vicious kick to the face made Daniel lose sight of the incoming figure and collapse to the ground.

"How 'bout a front kick, Johnny?" one of the boys suggested.

The suggestion was put into action. Johnny kicked Daniel twice—this time in the stomach and in the face. He flew into the fence and with a moan, he slumped to the ground.

"Stop it!" an unknown voice pleaded.

His mind was hazy, yet he sort of remembered that familiar voice—but at the same time he didn't.

Every Cobra snapped their head to where the voice had sounded from. And to their surprise, Y/N was the one who had begged them to stop. She was out of breath, but that didn't dare stop her from confronting Johnny.

She marched up to him and landed her clenched fist square in his jaw, jolting him backward from the unexpected impact. "So this is your side of the story, huh?!"

Johnny massaged his fingertips over the place on his jaw where he'd been hit.

"Stay out of this, Y/N!" Angered at his ex-girlfriend for interfering, he shoved her back, making her fall down. Then, Johnny turned around to face the target of his upcoming, and possibly lethal, kick. "The Jersey boy is getting what he deserves."