The Ending Story Of Us

"I want to go back."

"Me too."

"Really?"

"Yes, I would go back to our honeymoon."

"Not me."

"When then?"

"I would go back to when you first confessed to me."

"Why?"

"So that I could stop myself from wasting time. I should have listened to you and given you an answer."

"I don't know when it happened. I don't know how it happened. You're a man and I'm also a man. But I can't really stop my feelings."

"We wasted so much time because of my stupidity, and now I can't get it back."

Arthit rolled over to his left side so he could stare right at Kongpob's eyes, which he knew would be on him since the beginning.

Their beginning and maybe even before.

"Actually, I don't think that would be wise at all." Kongpob said, surprising his husband. What else would he change? Did he have regrets about something else?

Kongpob simply smiled and fixed his forever-stubborn pillow. It was getting sort of empty, its foam already trying to escape through the barely hanging seams and Arthit never understood how his partner could sleep on such a pathetic excuse of a pillow.

"Everything happens for a reason. You couldn't give me an answer back then because you needed time, you needed space to figure out your own feelings and I didn't think about that. I was too young and impulsive and thought that love was something easily given away."

That made sense. It had taken Arthit a few months and a lot of Knott's life-changing speeches before he had realized what the annoying junior actually meant to him. Would have things progressed differently if he had taken a leap much earlier? Perhaps they would have, but Arthit always wondered if they could have just figured it out together instead of just getting hurt because of his own moronic ideas and fears.

"But life taught me so much. It taught me how to love in different ways, it taught me that love could be patient and unrushed." Kongpob spoke softly as if remembering what it was all like, what it had taken them to get to this precise moment in time. He hadn't aged a day since then and yet everything about him was different, wiser.

"I learned how to love all over again, all because of you."

So many years and he could still spill the cheesiest lines without stuttering or blushing.

That smug bastard.

"Anyway, I would go back to our honeymoon."

Instantly, Arthit's cheeks warmed up. It had been a memorable night or nights. It was a good memory, foggy around the edges after so long but he remembered all the good parts.

Kongpob didn't look the least bit sorry like always and maybe, just maybe Arthit was thankful that his flirty playful nature had never changed. At all.

He might have become bolder himself, but he loved to have Kongpob take the lead on certain...aspects of their life.

"I meant our wedding too."

"Our wedding was a disaster."

"It was perfect."

And in a way, it had been.

Arthit had been a mess the whole morning before the ceremony itself and once he had spotted Kongpob's parents make their way through the venue he felt like he couldn't breathe.