- xvii. confrontations lead to heartbreak

The next morning Arabella had woken up with a pounding headache

She thought it'd be better to talk to Genevieve about it straight away.
So while her friends were still asleep, she snuck back up to her own dorm.

She saw Genevieve was awake and smiled at her the best she could.

"Gen, do you mind if we have a chat after I brush my teeth?" She whispered, not wanting to wake Ophelia.

"Course not, just let me know when you're ready" she grinned back.

Arabella nodded and quickly went to brush her teeth and wash her face before coming back out into the bedroom.

Genevieve smiled and the pair of them decided to head down to the common room to chat.
It was quite early- 7:00 am to be exact- and with the ball last night, everyone was exhausted.
Genevieve was an early riser and Arabella had been nervous about this conversation all night, hence why they were awake so early.

"So, what's up? You didn't seem yourself last night and I was getting quite worried" Genevieve asked as they sat on the sofa.

"Well, I um. I had a conversation with Sirius"

Genevieve looked shocked at this bit of information.

"Wait, really? He didn't say anything mean to you did he?"

"No he didn't. But he did mention that the two of you are friends" Arabella replied.

"Well, I wouldn't say friends exactly. More so aquatinted" she shrugged casually.

Arabella raised a brow at this.

"Oh, really? Because I mentioned that you and Evan went to the ball together. And his exact reply was- 'so she finally told him that she likes him?' That doesn't sound like you're just 'aquatinted' to me" she said pointedly.

Genevieve sighed, but she looked up at Arabella with remorse in her eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you we were friends. I thought it would just upset you because you two don't get along and-

"Genevieve that's not why I'm upset. I just want to know one thing. And all I ask if for you to be one hundred percent honest with me" Arabella practically begged.

"Of course"

"Did you tell Sirius about my mother?" 

Genevieve's face went as pale as a ghost.
It's safe to say Arabella wasn't the only one who now felt sick.

"Ara, I-i'm so sorry" she sighed.