🍬💙Little Rule-Breaker💚🍬

Pairing; Amasai (Shuichi Saihara {cg} x Rantaro Amami {little})

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Normally, Rantaro didn't regress often. When he did, he was usually rather small, and often well behaved.

However, often was far from always.

Rantaro had fallen into his toddlerspace that day, at around 3 years, and he was feeling bratty and ready to test Shuichi's limits.

He had been happily playing with his toys in the living room, giving a few little suckles at the pacifier that had been previously clipped to his shirt when Shuichi had finished up making them lunch. "Taro, hon, put your toys away so you can have lunch," he said calmly, giving his little guy a smile.

But Rantaro didn't wanna put his toys away! He wanted to keep playing! "No Daddy, Wan' p'ay!!" he slurred around his binkie as he huffed with a pout.

"Honey, I know you wanna play, but you need to eat, too. Come on now; let's put the toys back in their homes," the ravenette sighed, waiting at the table for the other male.

"No!!" He shot back, getting a little louder. "P'ay!!"

"Rantaro, no. I understand that you're upset, little one, but that's not how we talk to Daddy," Shuichi spoke as he knelt down in front of his baby, holding his ground and being stern and firm while still keeping his voice soft and gentle.

Rantaro didn't like that, though. "No!! No no no no no!!" he exclaimed as he pushed all his toys away besides the beloved cat plushie that was currently clutched close to him.

"Rantaro, stop that—"

"No!! No no no!!!"

"Rantaro—"

"No!!!"

"Rantaro Amami, that is enough. You're being very mean today, and I'm not sure why, but this is not how we treat our toys or talk to Daddy. Come on; you're gonna be in time out for 5 minutes," Shuichi stated, as firm as he could be while still trying to keep his voice soft and caring.

Amami was not happy about that at all. His eyes shot wide open as Shuichi picked him up to put him in time out before he burst right into tears. "No!! No ti'e out!! No no no!!"

Saihara hated hearing his baby's cries, but he knew he couldn't just let this go. "I know, honey, time out isn't fun, but it'll be over before you know it," he insisted as he sat his baby in the chair they designed for time out purposes.

"No no no!! Wan' Daddy! Wan D-Daddy!" the baby pleaded with a desperate grabby hand and falling tears as he reached for Shuichi.

The yellow eyed male immediately felt his heart break, and he kissed his little boy's head, giving him a hug before letting go. "I know, baby, I know, but Daddy won't be far. Just 5 minutes, okay? You're gonna be able to see Daddy the whole time," he insisted, heading into the kitchen to make sure nothing else needed to be cleaned up. He and Rantaro could see each other the whole time, but that didn't make it much easier on the baby, who was still sobbing his poor little heart out.

Just 5 minutes, Shuichi, the caregiver told himself. Just 5 minutes and you can run over and hold him as tight as you want.

It seemed like a damn long 5 minutes, but Rantaro sat patiently in the chair for all of it. Of course, he was still crying at the end of the 5 minutes, and Shuichi came right over to scoop his precious little boy up and cover him in soft kisses.

"D-Dada!! Dada..!!" The baby boy cried, clinging to Shuichi like he was about to vanish if he didn't.

"Shhhh.. shhh.. I know, baby, I know. Easy, sweet boy. Deep breaths, honey. You did such a good job, lovely. You did so good," Saihara insisted as he kissed his freckled baby's cheeks.

"D-Dada.." Amami whined, clearly feeling guilty about what he had done while still calming down, slowly but surely.

"I know, my sweet prince, I know. Time out is no fun, but you know why you had to do time out, right?"

"W-Was mean.. n nuh w-wis'en t' Dada.. nuh cwean da to-toys.." Amami mumbled through his little hiccups and sniffles, refusing to look Shuichi in the eyes out of shame.

Saihara nodded, gently kissing his baby's little cheeks. "That's right. Daddy's not mad at you, okay? You just went a little bit too far. What's got you all upset, lovely? Hm..? What's got my baby boy so upset?" He knew that this was anything but normal for Rantaro, so if he could get to the bottom of it, they could learn to talk about it instead. Emotions were very, very hard to deal with— especially when you were so small and you still had such big emotions that you needed to get out.

"D-Dunno.." Rantaro admitted as he peered hesitantly up at the other. He wasn't mad.. right?

Shuichi gently brought a hand up to Rantaro's cheek before gliding his thumb across it to wipe off his baby's tears.

"Just a bad day then?" he asked, earning a nod in response as his baby re-found the pacifier on his clip, gently slipping into his mouth for a little bit more comfort.

"I see.. Well, it's okay for you to have bad days, but you can't take that out on the people and things around you, okay?"

"M-Mmhm.. m sowwy Daddy.."

"It's alright, my little prince. Now then; Daddy made you some dino nuggies with applesauce, mac and cheese, and juice for lunch. Do you wanna clean up your toys and put them in their homes so you can eat your food?"

"M-Mmhm.. can bwing Diamon'?" Rantaro asked, much more calm as he held up his favorite kitty plushie for Shu to see what he was talking about.

Shuichi gave a soft chuckle as he ruffled his baby's pale green hair. "Of course, lovely."