Chapter 21-Teenage Avi

Kirstie POV
"Family and friends of Avi Kaplan?" a doctor walks out with a clipboard, and I feel like I might cry, again.
"Yes," Esther stands up. She pulls me up, and I stand with her. "We are his family," She gestures between the two of us. I'm touched by her calling me her family in the dire situation.
"Well, he's not dead. He just woke up but he thinks he's a senior in high school," he states. Esther lets out a sigh, but I'm shattered. He didn't know me. He doesn't know me. He won't recognize me. He won't kiss me, or hold me, or tell me I'm safe in his arms. He will just stare at me like I'm no one. Just a fake blonde in his hospital room. I put on a relieved smile, because he will remember me later. He's alive. That's all that matters. We walk in, and Avi smiles when he sees Esther, but furrows his brow when sees me.
"Hey, Avster, it's me Esther. I know you think you are in high school, but you got hit in the head pretty hard, and it's 2015! You are a bass in an acapella band called Pentatonix. You guys are worldwide!" Esther holds his hand.
"That-wow my voice is low-that doesn't explain why she's here," he points a finger at me, and I break down. "Hey, no need to cry! The doctor told me family only, so I wondered why she's here when I've never seen her in my life!" I sob more.
"Hey, Kirst, I'm going to let you explain," Esther walks out.
"Hi, Avi, my name is Kirstie, and I'm your my soulmate," I say, and wait for a response. He stares at me blankly.
"Wow, did I luck out. You're, beautiful," he says, breathless. "I want to remember. So. Bad. Tell me about everything. Please?" he gives me a puppy dog look.
"Well, we met on a singing competition with the other guys. We wore our bracelets, and they went off at the same time. When you first talked to me, I was so flustered that I feinted. Over the years, we put us off, but then we got together. We live together," he was looking at his hands, but then his eyes shot up.
"Have we...done it?" I nod, and blush, but he laughs. "Good job, future Avi!" I laugh, and he blushes. "I love that laugh. See, no need to cry! Tell me about the guys in the band."
"Well, the baritone is named Scott. He's tall and blonde, with super blue eyes. He's the same age as me, about two or three years behind you. He's a super kind, funny dude, who is one of my best friends. He can make you smile no matter what. He's amazing at riffs, too. Mitch is the tenor. He's short and a brunette with brown eyes. We're the same age, and him, Scott, and I are best friends and called the trio. He's a sassy, diva, crazy boy queen who is married to Scott. Together, they have the best show on the Internet, Superfruit. Mitch can slay at whatever he does. Kevin is your best friend, and is dating Esther. He beat boxes and plays the cello at the same time. He's the most kind-hearted talented celloist I've ever met," I say.
He thanks me, and I get up to leave, but he grabs my hand. He looks to me with dewey eyes.
"Please don't leave me," he says.
And I don't, because I can't.
-----------------
A/N
IT'S MEEEEEEEE!
Thank you for reading. Thank y'all for your support!
Rachel