F i v e

Prom was exactly what Miracle thought it would be, maybe because she was part of the group that planned the whole thing, from the decorations to the snacks. Miracle did not fail to dress according to the theme of the prom, she wore a long peach sequin bodice chiffon dress that she got from her parents on her last birthday, it was in the same bag that she saw the wristwatch.

She walked alongside Charis and a few other students as they made way into the school hall, and that was when she confirmed that her and her club had done a good job. The hall was beautifully decorated, there was red, gold and white balloons everywhere as it was the color the team had chosen to compliment the theme.

The hall was full of gold chairs and tables that was draped in red table cloths, to the right from where Miracle stood as she admired their work, there was a photo booth and beside the photo booth, there was a claw machine. Sure enough, the club had enough fund from the school to make their plans a reality like this.

Miracle looked around, a few tables were crowded with alcoholic drinks like tequila, vodka, whiskey, and Baileys after all it was an high school party and I don't know what It'll be like without alcohol. And Miracle was sure the boys in the team added alcohol to the list because they had not discussed anything of such at their last meeting. There were few more tables that held a bunch of Julia's snacks and non-alcoholic beverages.

The DJ was nodding his head up and down because of the loud music booming out of the black head phones he had on. He had one hand up in the air and the other on his equipment. He played a new song and soon enough girls wearing gorgeous prom gowns that was more like royal ball gowns and guys dressed in either a suit or a tuxedo danced towards the DJ and under a disco ball.

I guess they had taken the theme very seriously, Miracle thought.

Miracle didn't realize she was still standing at the entrance until a boy stumbled into her and immediately apologized before he soon joined the crowd of satisfied teenagers. Miracle looked around once more and this time she found an empty table and she made way to it, sitting comfortably.

"Aren't you going to dance or at least have a drink?" Charis took a sit opposite Miracle with a wide grin on her face, she looked over her shoulder and Timmy was standing at her back, but when she saw him, he took a sit next to her.

Miracle disregarded Charis' question and instead asked, "So he finally asked you, huh?" Charis looked at Timmy and blushed, and Miracle could see why she liked him, he certainly was not ugly, his emerald green eyes were in contrast to his dark brown hair and light skin.

"He actually never asked and just a few days ago when he visited me, I asked why he haven't asked me to prom yet," Charis fake glared at Timmy.

"How was I supposed to know you wanted to be asked specially, I thought I made it very clear that you were my girlfriend," He pecked her cheek from across the table and when they both sat back down, Charis cast Miracle a look, a look of pity and Miracle understood.

She had told her she was not completely over Damien yet and speaking of Damien, Miracle searched for him among the crowd and he was there, dancing with a girl Miracle did not recognize. Miracle would be lying if she said it did not hurt her to look at the pair. It was as if reality just hit her, she wasn't angry anymore, she was just sad and filled with self-pity.

The song changed again, to a slow song this time and one look at the couple sitting with her, she knew they wanted to dance and maybe they felt bad for her.

"You guys don't need my permission to dance, you know," Miracle looked at them. They really were a lovely couple. Charis wore a sequin bodice flowy prom dress, resembling Miracle's but hers was lavender and floor length. And to match her, Timmy wore a lavender shirt. Miracle would not be surprised if they got the prom king and queen title.

Amidst the crowd Miracle saw particular pair of ocean blue eyes were staring at her. She nervously tried to looked away but it was just too beautiful for her not to stare. She saw the manly figure that possessed those eyes and when they made eye contact for the second time, her breath was taken away. His face had striking features, very curly midnight black hair that fell perfectly onto his forehead, a pointed nose, his pink, full lips were pulled into a small smile.

Miracle was hardly in reality anymore, she was thinking about how a human could be so perfect looking and she thought she was dreaming when blue-eyed guy walked to her table.

"Earth to beautiful lady," His voice that was breathy and appealing repeatedly called out to Miracle waving his hands in front of her face.

Then, thankfully for Miracle as she did not know how to respond, Charis chipped in saying, "What's going on here?" Miracle immediately knew something was wrong when she saw Charis' expression, she looked angry.

"Nothing," he said, driving his hands through his very gorgeous looking hair.

"Chris, I thought I made my point clear back at home. I told you to stay away from Mirah."

She was just too beautiful to ignore, Chris wanted to tell Charis but he knew it would be better if he just didn't say anything. He had done it for years, pretend that Miracle did not exist, that he did not have a crush on her. He had to pretend like he did not exist whenever she visited Charis, he had to pretend like he did not hear her breathy giggles whenever she would stay longer.

"Wait... you know him?" Miracle was as confused as she could get.

"Yes, he's my older brother," Charis said in a rather disgusting way as if he were nobody to her and Miracle saw the hurt in Chris' eyes.

"You never said anything about having a brother. I can't believe you never told me," Miracle was rather hurt and down-hearted as she said those words, she couldn't believe it.