F o u r

Finally what everyone was waiting for is finally here

Finally what everyone was waiting for is finally here. For the seniors, including Charis and Miracle, it was going be the last dance for them in high school. We see prom-posals everywhere. Girls screaming with excitement and boys getting nervous about being rejected. It was very normal, girls would wait for weeks to be asked by boys.

"Charis, the school's junior prom is two days away and I don't even think I wanna go."

"Think about it, the prom is just a few weeks away, there will be couples in every corner of the school's hall and I'm trying to forget all about Damien and no doubt, he wouldn't miss it for anything, why would I want to attend?"

Charis listened and then pursed her lips to say, "Don't you think it'll be a good idea to show Damien that you've moved on?"

"Sure, I hate what he did with every cell I have but to be honest, I don't think I have moved on completely because the thought of him still hurts," Miracle replied as she gathered her books from her locker, she was preparing for her next class which was Food and Nutrition. "Plus, I don't think I have to show him anything."

"But what if you were destined to meet your prince charming there?" That was Charis' last resort to convince Miracle to attend. The thought did sound pleasing to Miracle, the thought of meeting your other half and finding true love but she highly doubt that she would meet the one at a high school dance.

"I'll go but don't think it was because of you," she teased with a smile, "it's my last high school dance, I want to make it memorable."

Their conversation was cut short by the ongoing an ongoing prom-posal. A group of boys approached a girl, the guy that seems to be the leader of the gang brought our a cardboard paper and out loud he read the words, "Will you go to prom with me, Teresa?"
The guy whose name happens to be Dave asked hoping for a rewarding response. Nobody wants a rejection in front of half of the school.

"Yes! Dave, I'd love to go to prom with you!" Teresa screamed with excitement.
And colorful confetti burst out in the air. They both walked hand in hand and left the school hallway. Miracle snorted, so stereotypical and cringey too, she thought.

But Charis, on the other hand was bursting with as much excitement as Teresa, all day she hoped Timothy would ask her like this, in fact, being asked to a dance openly was on her bucket list.

"See? The prom is going to be fun," Charis said even though Miracle already agreed to go.

"Did Timothy ask you already?" Miracle turned to face Charis, and she wished she hadn't asked because she saw a flicker of hurt in her best friend's eyes.

"He hasn't, but we are dating so I think he'll ask soon," Charis looked around the school hallway frantically and she didn't know but Miracle could tell that she was searching for Timothy. And that was when she confirmed that she really did like him. If he didn't ask by the end of the week, Miracle was certainly going to have a word with him.

"Aren't you the captain of the Art Club, Miracle?"

The two girls who were previously in a conversation turned to look at Charlotte Anderson, the head prefect of the school, she was the perfect student, a trophy to the school, always being shoved in the other student's faces, telling them to be better, to be like her. What Miracle wondered was why she was talking to her.

"I am, any problem?" Miracle raised an eyebrow in confusion as she replied.

"There is a news the principal asked me to deliver," She paused, letting the information sink in. "Your club is to organize the prom, that is, the theme, food, decorations and all that. You and the rest members are to start brainstorming ideas today after school, is that okay?" Charlotte asked to which Miracle nodded in approval.

And true to what Charlotte had said, the group did meet almost immediately after the last class. They were nine in total in the group, six females and three males and so far, they have only discussed the activities that might be included in the prom.

"We can also add in a claw machine but with love themed stuffed toys," Tina Lopez added, and Jackson Williams wrote her idea down. Jackson looked at what he'd written and he said, "Now we can move to the snacks and drinks, Julia, I think you can handle that."

Everyone here knew about Julia Johnson's love for making snacks, refreshments and appetizers, it was no secret, most times, including today, Julia brought homemade snacks for the club. It was simply her specialty.

"So far, we've talked about activities and food and it seems we have made progress with our ideas, after the meeting, Jackson can you please print out the programs? Aubrey and Nicholas, you two can assist him since you're both good in graphics designing?" Miracle finally made a contribution.

"Don't you think we need to know the theme so we can design the programs according to that?" Aubrey made a suggestion and they all thought about it for a moment before Miracle spoke again.

"You're right, Aubrey. I have a few ideas but I already narrowed it down to two, A Royal Affair or A Red Carpet, we have to vote to sought that out," Miracle stood up and walked in front of the small group of excited teenagers, this year's prom theme was certainly not going to be boring, I mean, are they really an art theme if they couldn't come up with something creative?

"If you want this year's prom theme to be A Royal Affair, can you put your hands up?" Half of the seated group raised their hands and the other half raised their hands for the second option. Miracle was to be the tiebreaker and she chose A Royal Affair. The group made a final decision and was dispersed.