05| I Hate Luv Stories

Start from the beginning

He nudged Ayaana to look at him too, and the two had a silent conversation, both of them going to sit on Abir's either side.

"Tera mute button kisne press kiya?"

Nirvaan asked Abir cheekily, nudging his shoulder so Abir leant over Ayaana's.

"Mere hi jokes mujhpe maarega?"

Abir asked with a deadpan, making Ayaana chuckle.

"Arey seriously Bir, you're acting weird aaj. Pehle over-rehearsing, and ab ekdum chup. Tell us what's up."

Ayaana asked sternly yet somehow softly, nudging her shoulder again so Abir now leant over Nirvaan's.

"Exactly, usually we have to bribe you with a chocolate milkshake to even get you to rehearse once, you fatty. Aur aaj five times?"

Nirvaan taunted, making Ayaana hit him on his head.

"Don't call him fatty, you ass."

She said with narrowed eyes, making both the boys chuckle.

"Nothing man...it's just....Rohan."

Abir said softly, keeping his head down as he stared at the floor.

Ayaana looked at him sadly while Nirvaan rolled his eyes.

"Dekh Abir, there's no need to get upset. I promise you yaar, hum tere liye Rohan se zyaada hot banda dhoondenge. Usko hata."

He said matter-of-factly, making Ayaana grit her teeth and give him a death glare, which melted when both the boys burst out into laughter, high-fiving each other.

"Saale, I'm serious. This Rohan is trouble. Mujhe isse good vibes nahi aati."

Abir said, once the laughter subsided, as both Ayaana and Nirvaan smiled at him.

"Are you sure it's just his vibes that you don't like, Bir? Or is it just the fact that he's dating Lav?"

Ayaana asked softly, as Nirvaan too looked at him for an answer.

"I know tum dono stupid nahi ho. You both know how I feel about Lav. But Ana I swear, this isn't jealousy. I just....know that Rohan doesn't deserve her. He's shady man."

Abir said with a conflicted expression, and Nirvaan nodded and patted his back.

He knew that if Abir was this sure, he knew what he was talking about.

It wasn't often that his best friend would talk seriously and soberly, but when he did, it was because he had something important to say.

"Has Rohan said something to you? Like, has he done anything particular, or is this just something you're feeling?"

Nirvaan asked him, not a trace of humor in his voice.

Ayaana looked at both the boys with admiration, they were usually the ones who never took anything seriously, always cracking jokes and insulting each other.

But when it came to the important stuff, they knew each other better than anyone else.

"Abhi toh it's just a feeling, but if you guys give me some time, I'll get proof."