Quinn

Y/N POV

"The greatest love story in the universe is about to blossom forth" I hear Gary say as I stare out the window.

We are currently lighfolding towards a location of a mayday message from Quinn- A woman Gary seems to like. I recall the events from...well...today.

We didn't really get sleep.

I remember her in the Lazarus trap, she seemed pretty.

"I promised I'd never leave you, doll"

I shiver at the memory of him. Derrick.

"Yo, dude. Just keep the expectations in check" Avocato says and I nod in my seat in agreement.

I glance at them and notice Avocato is looking at me. You know the kind of look of when a stranger looks at you at the same time accidently and you guys make eye contact...accidently.

I politely smile before turning back to the window

~Flashback~

I take my hand off Avocato now noticing he looks less...well...depressed.

"I should probably go to sleep" I say with a smile as I turn to walk away before feeling a hand grab my wrist

"Y/N wait"

Aaaah... there it is. The same weird feeling I get to when he says my name. I can't help but feel my cheecks stretch into a smile.
I turn to him. We both standing in front of the door, his hand still holding me in place almost as if he thinks I'll run away any moment.

"I just wanted to say...." he stops himself and inhales a slow breath, calming himself.

"I'm sorry..."

I feel my heart sink at his guilty expression. What is he sorry for? Did he actually just betray us again and we are heading straight for Lord Commander?

Is he actually going to sell us out again?

I just stand there thinking of all the things he could've done.

Where's Gary?
I feel my hands sweat but I try to remain with a normal expression- whatever normal is anymore.

"W-what for?" I finally ask once I notice he doesn't continue. My voice coming out with a squeak as the air of my lungs feels like its being sucked out.

He gives me a 'are you serious right now?' Expression before replying

"For everything" he says grabbing my other wrist and I notice the claws on his hands.
Oh God, was his betrayal supposed to be obvious? Have I been blinded by trust just like Gary?

"I..." he starts, his voice making me flinch "I did anything for my son...and in the process I hurt you and Gary" he says his hands travelling down to hold my hands instead of wrists

His hands are soft

"You...you, from what I assume, didn't see Gary in years and you guys finally meet and I ruin it all for the both of you" he continues, a guilty expression more present "I was trying to save my only family and you were just trying to do the same...Im sorry Y/N" he finally looks into my eyes after looking at his feet and our hands for so long. His jaw is clenched as he tries to erase his expression spelling 'regret'

"And you? I almost killed your brother when I first met him and almost got him killed! But you...you just seem to be ok with me?" He says, his voice much louder and confused "How- why?"