❀ Chapter 2: Lavender ❀

¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Previously ✿•*'¨*'•.¸

"May I have a bit of your time to discuss something? I believe this offer can benefit both of our predicaments"

"...predicament?"

**✿❀○❀✿**

────── 〔✿〕──────

Sumire stared in disbelief at Kyoya. Never in her life has she met someone so charming yet so...off-putting?

"Your shop sales show that there has been a rather steep decline on your customers, mostly stemming from huge events such as weddings and parties. If I may be so kind, it seems that your family business is heading to a path of bankruptcy".

"That wasn't kind at all and business is just slow it happens a lot its normal and how do you even know that?!?!", Sumire was flipping out. It was one thing to know her families business but not to sales kind of info.

Pushing up his glasses Kyoya smoothly replied, "I have my sources. That being said, would it be of your interest to become our florist?"

"Hold on I don't need your pity and our business is just fine. Besides, other than sales I don't get anything from this and it's a lot of work", Sumire said, getting quite agitated.

"Sumire, calm down", Haruhi told her across the table.

Sinking down a bit on her chair and blowing a piece of her hair from her face Sumire glared at Kyoya. She still isn't very happy that he stalked her business and she does not know how he even got to their sales records but it sure ticked her off.

"It seems that I may have upset you, may I offer you some tea?"

"Joke's on you I don't like tea", Sumire crossed her arms stubbornly and stuck her tongue out.

"Oh my, how unladylike", Kyoya mused, the faintest shadow of a smirk coming up before it was dutifully squashed down. 

"You know, for a host you're not that charming", Sumire fired back, she wasn't sure why it struck a nerve when she doesn't really think much of femininity that often.

Silence shrouded the room, not even a single peep from Tamaki who watched from behind a sofa along with Honey and Takashi.

Kyoya looked almost shocked before pushing up his glasses. No one said a word and Sumire's words were left hanging in the air.

Fidgeting with her hair Sumire mumbled, "sorry I didn't mean to".

"It's quite alright, I may have behaved rather discourteously as well".

More silence.

Tamaki slinked off the sofa and patted Kyoya's shoulder.

"Now now Kyoya don't make her feel bad, you want her help don't you?"

Sumire silently thanked Tamaki for lifting the mood, she felt like she was suffocating and she was quite ready to throw up.

"You're quite right, I apologize. If I may, I still would like to put the offer out if you'd like some time to think although it would a great help if you decide to take up on the offer", Kyoya said smoothly, as if the awkwardness didn't happen.

While Kyoya was speaking Sumire and Haruhi were texting with their phones down by the table.

Sumii~: Haruhi psst

Sumii~: Haruhiiiiii

Haruhi<3: ...i'm in front of you

Sumii~: I know, should I agree to be a florist? I mean I can do it I just don't see what i'll gain from it aside from business sales