CHAPTER 8

WALKING INTO THE EMERALD BAY POLICE STATION, Autumn, Mitch, and Matt walk towards Ellerbee's office

"Alright, Ellerbee," Mitch starts as the trio walk into his office. "What did we learn from the perps after the interrogation?"

Apparently after Matt lost the other guy, someone saw him and reported him to the police after seeing Matt chasing him. Mitch knocked out the other guy and called the police to pick him up before meeting with Matt and Autumn.

"The only perps here are you three." Ellerbee stands up from his seat, looking at each of them. "You turned the canals into the damn X- games."

"Yeah." Matt replies back in a 'duh' tone of voice. "That's cause we were in lifeguard pursuit." Mitch and Autumn nod in agreement.

"Oh, ok." Ellerbee says sarcastically. "My bad. Except there's no such freaking thing as lifeguard pursuit. Police do pursuits. When you do it, it's just some guys—."

"And girls." Autumn cuts him off.

"Some guys and girls chasing some other guy or girl. No offense." Ellerbee corrects.

"Non taken." Autumn replies before asking, "So what are you saying? You're just going to let these guys walk?"

"Okay, how do I explain this so that you people understand?"

"''You people? You people?"" Matt repeats stepping forward slightly.

"Oh, you don't get to say that. You're just tan." Mitch says causing Matt to nod and take a step back next to Autumn.

"Right on." Ellerbee and Mitch fist bump. "Look even if you were police, which you're not, and even if this was your jurisdiction, which it isn't, and even if you had probable cause to pursue, which you definitely don't, what you did would still be totally illegal."

Mitch nods understanding. "Ok, well it's a good thing we're not police then."  Matt points at Mitch in agreement while Autumn just shakes her head.

"Ok, you only purposely hear about 1% of about what I say."

Their conversation was interrupted when the Captain Thorpe walks into Ellerbee's office. "Mitch did you take Brody off the beach to take him to the medical examiner's office earlier today?"

"Yeah." Mitch nods in agreement. "You bet I did. Absolutely 100% and here's why. The councilman's boating accident was not accident at all. He had no smoke in his lungs, his neck was broken in multiple places which means he was probably dead before that boat even caught on fire. And our investigation has found that all the shady shit that has taken place leads all back to the Huntley."

"You don't do investigations." Thorpe says shaking his head. "You're lifeguards. Police do investigations. When you do it, it's just a bunch of guys—."

"And girls." Matt interrupts this time causing Autumn to smile.

"And girls going after other girls or guys." He corrects. "Do you have any proof of this conspiracy?"

"Yeah." Mitch agrees. "Absolutely, we read the coroner's report. It's all in there before those other guys switch it."

"Yeah," Autumn pipes in. "And I recorded the whole thing on my cellphone."

"Where's the cellphone?" Asks Ellerbee.

"They destroyed it."

"Oh." Thorpe nods in mock understanding. "Ok. So the only evidence you had was destroyed."

"Exactly!" Matt exclaims pointing at Thorpe and Ellerbee. "All the evidence. Pfft! Gone. Doesn't exist."

"They were bad guys and they don't want us to have it." Autumn chimes in after Matt.

"Ok, I'm going to try and explain this in a way that you people can understand."

"You people? There it is again." Matt remarks looking at Autumn.

"Be cool." Mitch mutters to him while Autumn grabs Matt's arm.

"Just trying to figure out the thing with 'you people'."

"Ok look. Leave the law enforcement to the police." Thorpe says looking between the three lifeguards. "Ok, and you guys just do the jobs that I hired you to do. You remember? The lifeguarding stuff."

"Splish, splash." Ellerbee remarks.

"Otherwise, I'll fire you." Autumn looks down as Matt wraps his arm around her waist. "Now I have to clean up this mess that you three made." He walks out of the office.

"Boom." Ellerbee whispers to them.

Hearing voices out in the hallway, Autumn looks through the office windows to see Thorpe walking beside Leed's thugs. One of them glances at Autumn before smiling at her and winking causing Matt to step forward. Putting a hand on his chest, Autumn pulls him back towards her. Looking towards Mitch she sees as determined look on his face. She smiles slightly knowing they aren't going to stop investigating.

..................................................

Mitch and Matt took the Baywatch speed boat to investigate while Autumn met her sister for lunch. Sitting down at her sister's table, she greets her sister with a smile.

"Hey Summer."

"Hey Autumn."

Autumn sits down placing her new phone beside her. Since her old phone was crushed, Autumn went to the phone store and bought herself a new phone. Thankfully she backed up all her photos, messages, and contacts on her old phone so now her new phone has everything her old phone has. Feeling her phone buzz beside her, she picked it up to see Mitch sent her a picture.

Autumn picks up her coke taking a sip as she opens the message. As soon as she sees the photo, she spits out her coke, laughing at the picture.

"What?!" Summer exclaims trying to look at her sister's phone.

Putting her coke down, Autumn shows her screen to Summer.

Matt is wearing a black and white striped dress with black heels and a black summer hat

Matt is wearing a black and white striped dress with black heels and a black summer hat. He has brown tinted sunglasses on, with his lips painted in red lipstick. He has a wig on as well. It's brown and short with the ends coming a little below his jaw.

Summer laughs causing Autumn to join in as she sends Mitch a laughing crying emoji with a thumbs up after it.

"This is going as my screensaver." Autumn says before saving the photo to her camera roll. She quickly sets it as her Lock Screen. She smiles at the picture before locking her phone and continues to eat with her sister.