Untitled Part 12

The girls' changing rooms

Sara is surrounded by the netball team, including Jenni, who is listening to her intently. Lottie is stood outside the crowd of girls, getting changed, but still listening. Kim is on the edge of the group, standing with a sceptic look on her face.

Jenni: (excitedly) And what happened after that?

Sara: Then we walked along the river for a while and just talked.

Jenni: Did you kiss him?

(Sara doesn't reply. All the girls start laughing and squealing.)

Jenni: (beaming) Oh you slag! Good on you!

Sara: I'm not-

Lottie: (annoyed) Oi! Can you keep it below a hundred decibels please?

(the girls quieten, responding to Lottie's tone)

Jenni: (pouting) Aww, buzzkill.

Lottie: You're giving me a headache and I just want to get home.

Sara: In all fairness, I think the headache is from Mary's bad aim.

(The girls begin to laugh at Mary's expense, remembering an earlier event involving stumbling at an unfortunate time and the netball goals. Lottie takes advantage of this and goes over to Sara.).

Lottie: (quietly) Can we go soon?

Sara: (quietly as well) Let's slip out now.

(Sara and Lottie quickly grab their stuff and leave the changing rooms. Once outside, Sara relaxes and Lottie looks at her expectantly.)

Sara: What?

Lottie (checking behind her) So how was your date really? Not the heterosexual version.

Sara: (smiling) It was amazing. Really. The art gallery was incredible and she looked so incredible.

Lottie: So successful first date?

Sara: Oh yeah.

Lottie: And did you two kiss?

Sara: (shyly) Yeah.

Lottie: Was it the perfect first kiss or are you going to aim for the perfect second?