Act 2, Scene 2

The Moore household. The front room is small and cluttered with family photos of the two smiling children at various ages. There's a TV in the far corner that's showing BBC news with the volume turned down low. Two sofas line two of the walls and a low, cushioned footrest is pushed out of the way along the third wall. A chest of drawers is to the side of the TV, with an ornate mirror above it.

Eva Moore, Sara and Aaron's older sister, is sat on the sofa, casually reading on a kindle. Aaron is sat on the opposite side of the sofa, doing English homework, resting against thick world atlas.

(Suddenly, Sara rushes down into the room, going straight for the decorative mirror on the wall. Her hair is pinned up in a bun with a plait crown. She is wearing a floaty, knee-length dress that drapes from her waist downwards and is made of a very light, pristine white material that shines slightly with the lighting. The bodice of the dress is white as well with a light pink halter-neck. A light pink sash is around her waist and tied back with a bow.)

Aaron: (looking up from his homework) Wow, what's the occasion?

Sara: (hurriedly applying mascara) I have a sort-of date. I think.

Aaron: (with a sourthern accent) A sort-of date, you think?! Hot damn!

(Sara smiles at his reflection, cleaning up her eye-make up)

Aaron: (normally) Who is the lucky girl? The one you've been all heart-eyed over?

Sara: Kristina. (blushing) She asked me to go to an art exhibit with her.

(Aaron smiles knowingly and goes back to his homework)

Eva: (looking up from her kindle) Do you really like this girl?

Sara: (shyly) Yeah. I really like her.

Eva: Then it's time I tell you the ultimate secret to win hearts.

(Eva stands up from the sofa and goes over to the chest of drawers. She opens the top on and pulls out her small make up bag. After a moment, she pulls out a small, black lipstick container.)

Eva: This is one thing that will not only get your love interest's eyes on you, but it does wonders for your self confidence.

(She hands it to Sara, who gingerly uncaps it.)

Sara: (puzzled) Red lipstick.

Eva: (nodding) Trust me, on this.

Sara: Okay.

(Sara turns back to the mirror, gingerly applying the red lipstick)

Eva: (excitedly) See, you'll get her for sure.

Sara: Actually, this does look quite good.

Aaron: (looking up from his homework) A splash of colour usually does.

Eva: Even he agrees!

Aaron: (muttering) Thanks.

Sara: (nervously) Are you sure I look all right?

Eva: You look amazing. Now go have the best sort-of date of your life!

(Sara smiles widely and picks up her handbag as she leaves)