Chapter 3

Tryst

There are four of us here in the dining table. I was at the edge of the it, statued by the explaination they give that my mind can't accept.

"I found it out when we nearly got inti accidents , you're just 2 years old back then" My Mom said first.

With just those words, the feeling I had yesterday came back and swallow me again.

Flashback

Mommy Bet's POV

"Laika, Kenth, where do you wanna go?" Maligayang sabi ko sa mga anak ko.

"Mommy I wanna go to playground. Kuya? Do you wanna play?" Laika said with joy in his eyes.

His kuya is smiling and nodded .

"Hon, playground muna tayo sa park." Sabi ko sa asawa kong nagda-drive.

He look at me and nodded with a smile in his face, he then hold my hand while the other hand of him is driving.

Binawi ko ang kamay ko.
"Drive carefully, ikaw talaga" sabi ko sa kaniya.

He just laugh and continue to drive on our way to kid's playground.

I landed my eyes to the kids. Suddenly a car near at the backseat was running fast being out of control.

I was statued and I can't say a word.
I also saw the kids being certain of it, the reason why they look at the back.

I just managed to touch my husband and pointed the car at the back, where at any moment can hit us.

My husband also seem so shock and don't know what to do.

We're stuck in delimma, we can't speed the car nor stop the car.

It is a sudden light, a blindingly light and a light comes from Laika.

It's just a second or two when I found ourselves at the edge of somewhere.

I thought we're dead , but we aren't . I was shocked how that happened and found my eyes with tears

"The prophecy happened to be right" are the words I managed to say that time.

End of flashback

"Mom, are you kidding me right now" I said while staring hard at them.

"The prophecy that you, Laika Rafa Dizon, will be one of the primphyte-wizard" said Pia that makes me more shock.

"Come on Pia! How did you even know when me myself don't know?" I said angrily out of frustration

I may be shocked by her words but I am more shocked by her knowing it.

"Be-because , I am your guardian assigned by the wizard world" she said while bowing due to shyness.

"You all stop kidding me!" I shouted out loud and hurriedly go upstairs to my room, locked myself in it.

I never doubt to believe them, I just hate to think of it.

I always knew something's different. I always found something different within me but I didn't mind to care.

I was looking at the sky through the window. I can feel the tears in my eyes that keeps flowing .

Hindi ko na rin napigilang humikbi. Parang tinutusok ng maliliit na larayo  ang puso ko ngayon.

Ilang oras na akong umiiyak , ilang oras na akong nakatulala. Gusto kong mag- isip ng mga bagay na makakasaya sa'kin ngunit babalik pa rin sa akigg isipan ang mga pangyayaring aking nasaksihan.

I heard Pia knocking. Her voice keeps telling me that she's worried.

I opeded the door, I need to confront her.

"Uuwi na ako Lai, I'm sorry for not telling you . I wasn't thinking of hiding it to you but I was thinking of a right time " paliwanag niya.

I understand her. It may hard to accept for who I am, that I am not an ordinary human, but it's not their fault anyways. I have to accept what's destined for me.

I hugged her.
"Pia, I understand" I say and it makes her cry. Her cry makes me cry too, ridiculous.

*************
1 week later

I was packing my things and preparing myself for this unusual chapter of my life.

It may hard to accept for me, but I was trying to chill myself and understand the circumstances.

I will be on my way to the so called 'wizard world' hours later.

I was thinking of what to wear. Should I wear something 'wizardous' ? But I managed not to.

I just chose to wear jeans and tees while sneakers on my feet.
I was looking myself at the mirror thinking how can I be a wizard.

I put lipsticks and powder on my face. I sprayed perfume on my body and wear the necklace Mom gave me.

"Laika, buzard is here" Pia shouted

"Coming " I replied.

Pia already told me some wizard terms. She said that buzard is a wizard bus which takes wizards to their world.

I first managed to say bye to Mom and my siblings. I was on my to the bus when I chose to run back and hug them for a last time.

When I got in the bus, the people greeted me so I smile back at them.

I think we all have the same ages here with same circumstances.

I heard them shouting goodbyes while waving their hands as the buzard rev the engine .

I was sitting near the window while Pia at my side. I was holding her hand because anytime from now I don't know what to do.

I can't believe what I see but the bus fly up like an airplane. I suppose the car got invisible by the way.

I was mesmerized by the clouds and the   land looking like a toys. An airplane vibe indeed.

It took us 10 mins. to arrive in the wizard world.

We are now in front of it. It seems to be small world here but big enough for wizards .

At the top of the gate, 'WELCOME TO TRYST SCHOOL WIZARDRY' was written in color gold with great fonts.

The academy in it was unbelievable. It looks old but its style looks so great. It was white and big that I can feel my feet numb while just looking at it.

Inside the campus , you can see cafeteria on the left and dormitories on the right.

Outside the school, there are different kinds of buidling and restaurants.
Nakita ko rin kanina mula sa taas ang ilang resorts.

Hindi muna kami pinababa sa bus dahil magbibigay raw muma sila ng annoumcements. Minamasdan ko muna ang paligid at niraramadam ang preskong hangin.

"Good morning wizzes, I'm Professor Mc'Lerein , I am here today to give you announcements " sabi ng isang pamilyar na matandang nakapormal na damit.

I covered my opened mouth out of nowhere as I figured out who he is.

I even tried to think about the scene he was in while remembering her voice and facial figures.