zone 8: different

Hana's POV

I hear horns from outside of the SM Town walls right when I place my hand on the entrance door to Taeyeon's office. I look back at Jaehyun who looks equally as confused as I am. Jaehyun runs over to me.

"What was that?" He asks. I try to listen with my strong senses and hear marching. My eyes grow wide.

"I think it's another group. I hear marching," I inform him.

"Marching?" Jaehyun questions and looks at the main gate and sees some guards at the top posts, aiming their guns. Suddenly, the door of Taeyeon's office opens. I look in front of me to see Hyunjin out of bed.

"Hyunjin, what are you doing?" I hold his chest to prevent him from leaving. I see Taeyeon behind him, struggling to pull him back.

"I'm not letting her inject me with anesthesia," Hyunjin says and speeds behind me.

I look at Taeyeon who is holding a needle. I realize that anesthesia is a traumatic thing for me and Hyunjin since that's how JYP took my blood while extracting the chip from my brain.

"Taeyeon, he doesn't need anesthesia," I tell her.

"SM's orders. And you know what happens when someone doesn't follow his orders," Taeyeon eyes me.

"Why would he need it anyway?" I question. I feel like something strange is going on. I try to protect Hyunjin by stepping in front of him.

"I don't need it," Hyunjin says in a dark tone, his eyes darkening a little as well. I notice him getting defensive and glance up at him. I don't know why he is so cryptic now. I try to analyze his expressions but am interrupted. Another horn is blown again and this gets all of our attention.

"That's the warning horn," Hyunjin mutters, sounding surprised and a little startled. He looks up at the sky.

"What's a warning horn?" Taeyeon asks.

"District 9 uses it when enemies are approaching our turf," Hyunjin says. "Or when we want to settle a compromise and need to let the other group know we are coming. We only use it on rare occasions like when the whole team goes out," My eyes grow wide, realizing that this means...

"That means that..," I try to say.

"It's District 9," Hyunjin says.

"Hana, I don't think it's a good idea to go check it out for yourself. SM may do something," Jaehyun warns me. I realize that it would be even more chaotic if I arrive at the main gate. Another war may spark right then and there. I sigh, wanting to see my friends again. I miss everyone. I miss Jeongin, Sana, Jisung, Changbin, Yeji, Felix... Everyone. This could be my only chance to see them.

While I was worrying about this, Hyunjin's jealousy got the best of him.

"Wait, who are you?" Hyunjin rudely asks. He glares at Jaehyun and steps in front of me. I hit his arm for acting poorly mannered.

"This is Jung Jaehyun," I introduce Jaehyun and glance at him but then remember the kiss which flashes in my head. Oh my God. We kissed and I'm still married to Hyunjin. Right? I start hearing voices from a block away coming towards us.

"Make sure Hana is locked up. She might escape now that her crew is here," I hear a deep voice. I freeze up and look at Taeyeon.

"The guards are coming," I warn her. Without saying a word, Hyunjin immediately grabs my hand and speeds away from everyone. He takes me to a dark alleyway where no one is around. I try to speak but he covers my mouth which makes me even more angry. He holds his gaze on me which makes me slowly stop trying to talk. I sigh and give up, knowing that he still has an effect on me. I feel my cheeks get hot as he continues to stare at my eyes.