zone 37: savage

[A riot is happening

inside me]

Hyunjin's POV

"Where is she?" The guy holding the gun against my head asks Wonyoung.

Where is who? Wonyoung doesn't respond and then suddenly I hear one of the men grunt in pain and disappear into the darkness surrounding us in the forest. I look around as well but the gun remains pressing against my head. The men aim their guns blindly around them, trying to stay alert. I listen closely and hear a twig break meaning that someone is walking near us. Another man disappears into the darkness. I hear a few zombies nearby and open my eyes wide.

"Let them go," I hear a determined, bright voice. I look to see Hana aiming her gun at the man who is holding me at gunpoint. My eyes soften a little by the sight of her.

"There she is," The man chuckles and glances at Wonyoung. "You weren't lying, she is the immune," the man smirks. "No, immune would be able to take out two of our men so quickly."

I begin to connect the dots and realize that Wonyoung ratted us out to the YG group. She told them about Hana being alive and to come get her. She set this all up. I clench my fists even tighter once I realize how stupid I am to not notice her intentions. She intentionally put not only the Sanctuary but Hana in danger by revealing that we have her. How could she do that?

"You told?" Hana stares at Wonyoung in shock. Wonyoung finally looks up with a devilish smirk, glaring at Hana. I feel my heart burn and my body shake out of control by the sight of Wonyoung now.

"Why not be generous and share your blood, halfie?" Wonyoung teases.

"Yeah, halfie," the guy chuckles. I furrow my eyebrows and start to breathe heavily as my hands unclench and my heart beats faster. Hana looks at Wonyoung teary-eyed, shocked that she went this far to betray her. We meet eyes and Hana's expression drops by my face.

Hana's POV

His green eyes are glowing again. I keep my arms firm as I point my gun but Hyunjin's eyes are making me more worried than being kidnapped again. He's about to turn into zombie mode again and these people don't know he is immune like me.

"Hyunjin..." I say in a cautious tone but his heavy breathing but the dark look in his eyes are already out of my control.

"What's up with his eyes?" One of the bandits asks and then suddenly, Hyunjin quickly attacks the man aiming the gun at him.

"Bobby!" One of the men exclaims and reloads their shotgun to shoot Hyunjin. I feel my heart race when I see him reload and immediately shoot him in the head to protect Hyunjin. Wonyoung flinches and covers her ears in fear.

"Junhoe!" Another screams. I watch Hyunjin beat him up and pull him off. I put both of my hands on his shoulders and stare at his green eyes, trying to find Hyunjin in them again.

"Hyunjin, look at me," I tell him, and the zombie breathes heavily and raggedly. His breathing slows when he stares at me.

"Let's go Wonyoung," they invite her but she hesitates, staring at Hyunjin with glossy eyes. She slowly steps away from us and shakes her head.

"You promised to take her!" Wonyoung whines, pointing at me. She still wants me gone even after everything that has just occurred.

"She killed June!" One of the bandits says in horror.

"So kill her!" Wonyoung orders.

My eyes widen and Hyunjin speeds out of my grasp and grabs Wonyoung's neck. He begins to strangle her and raise her off the ground due to his super strength. I watch in horror and fear as he inhumanely squeezes her neck until she begins to choke up. She struggles to try and stop him, slapping his arms and shoulders but there is no use.