(2) Wild At Heart

Wild At Heart

Chapter 2

I stared after him dumbfounded. People weren’t usually nice to me unless they wanted something in return, especially not guys. I pushed the change into my pocket and made my way over to where Gwen and Carlos were sitting. I grabbed one of the chairs and sank down on it still feeling a bit anxious.

“Are you ok?” Gwen asked looking worriedly at me.

“Yeah, but the bartender is a real ass,” I replied. Carlos chuckled but quickly turned it into a cough when Gwen gave him one of her death glares.

“What did he do?” she asked becoming angry.

“Nothing much, I forgot my purse but luckily some guy paid for my drink before it turned ugly,” I answered.

“You want me to go kick his ass?” Carlos offered making Gwen laugh.

“No thanks tough guy, I’ll just get drinks from the other bar,” I replied starting to feel better.

We sat there talking for a while but I couldn’t stop thinking about the guy who had paid for my drink.

“I’m going to go dance,” I said as a new song started to play. Carlos and Gwen just nodded their heads and continued talking. I grabbed my pursed and quickly made my way over to the bar on the other side of the club while keeping an eye open for the guy. He was sitting alone at a table right at the back. I had no idea what I was going to say to him and for the first time in my life I actually felt nervous to talk to a guy. I ordered to shots of tequila and made my way over to his table. He looked surprised when I placed the drinks on the table and sat down.

“I didn’t expect to see you again,” he stated.

“I wanted to say thank you,” I replied pushing one of the shots to him. He nodded his head in understanding as he picked up the shot. We downed them together and I smiled at him once the awful taste had left my mouth. I really hated the taste of tequila, I only drank it because it was strong and managed to get my tipsy really quick. He smiled back at me looking shy, making me feel even more nervous. I have never had to deal with a guy like him before, I could tell that he was different.

“I’m Riley,” I said holding my hand out to him.

“Grover,” he replied as he took my hand in his, I expected him to shake it but instead he lifted it to his lips and gently kissed it before letting go.

My tummy flipped releasing a flock of butterflies as my heart started to race in my chest. I pulled in my breath as I stared at him in shock. I’ve dated a few guys before but not one of them has ever caused my body to react to them in that way.

“I’m sorry,” he said looking worried.

“No, its ok,” I managed to say as I tried to steady my breathing.

We just sat there staring at each other awkwardly. I didn’t really look at him before as I was way too nervous but now that I had managed to calm myself down. I let my eyes roll over him and take him in. He was definitely hot but very different from the guys I always went for. All my previous boyfriends were jocks, I could tell that he wasn’t one from a mile away. His hair was messy and his clothes were baggy, he looked like some sort of wannabe gangster.

One of my favorite dance songs started playing and since I had no idea what to say or do I got up and asked him if he wanted to dance. He looked hesitant but got up and followed me to the dance floor. I had no idea if he could dance so I just started out slow, swaying to the music. I shouldn’t have worried thought, it turned out that he was an awesome dancer. He moved gracefully but with power and confidence causing me and everybody else in the club to stare.

When the song finished a slow song started to play so turned my back on him so that I could make my way back to my table.

“Dance with me?’ I heard him ask as he gently took a hold of my arm. My heart leaped in my chest and I literally had to tell myself to calm down before I could turn around and face him. He was looking at me with a hopeful expression on his face. I nodded my head in agreement unable to get myself to speak.

He let go of my arm and took my hand in his, leading me to the middle of the dance floor. He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer so I wrapped my arms around his neck as we started swaying slowly to the music. He stared into my eyes as we danced and I found myself unable to look away. By the time the song ended I was breathless and nervous as hell. I had no idea how this guy could have such an effect on me when I didn’t even know him.

“Can I buy you a drink?” he asked looking nervous again. I think that dancing somehow brought out his confidence.

“Yeah sure,” I said removing my arms from around his neck. He let go of my waist but took my hand in his. I didn’t pull away, it felt way too nice. He led me over to the bar where he turned to look at me.

“What would you like?” he asked.

“A coke, I think I’ve had enough alcohol for tonight,” I answered. I was way passed tipsy and quickly on my way to being drunk. He nodded his head and ordered us both a coke.

“You don’t have to drink that just because I am,” I said feeling a bit guilty for making him order himself a coke as well.

“I’m not, I don’t drink alcohol,” he stated plainly.

“But you drank the shot I bought you,” I pointed out, confused by his words.

“Well, I couldn’t say no to a pretty lady like you, now could I?” he asked smiling at me.

“Yes, you could have. You shouldn’t do stuff just to make other people happy,” I said feeling angry at him for drinking it and angry at myself for buying it for him.

“It’s ok, one shot isn’t going to kill me, I promise,” he said jokingly causing me to relax a bit.

We were making our way back over to his table when I heard somebody calling my name. I turned around to see Carlos looking a bit grossed out.

“I’ll be right back,” I told Grover as I started making my way over to Carlos.

“What’s wrong?” I asked already knowing the answer.

“Gwen had a bit too much to drink, she threw up all over the floor. I think we should go home,” he stated looking disgusted. I laughed at him shaking my head. Carlos doesn’t have a strong stomach and the smallest thing grossed him out, I could only imagine his reaction when Gwen started throwing up.

“Ok, I’ll meet you at the car, just give me five minutes,” I replied. He agreed and made his way over to their table. Gwen was lying on her arms and a cleaner was busy mopping up the floor.

I quickly made my way over to Grover and sat down opposite him.

“I have to go, my sister is throwing up all over the place,” I said feeling a bit disappointed. I was actually starting to enjoy myself with Grover.

“Ok,” he agreed looking a bit disappointed himself.

“Give me your phone,” I said holding out my hand. He took it out of his pocket and handed it to me. I quickly flipped it open and entered my name and number. He smiled at me as I handed it back to me.

“Call me,” I said getting up and walking away.