(18) Wild At Heart

Wild At Heart

Chapter 18

Grover was stunned into silence. He didn’t say anything, instead he got up and walked through the house and out the back door. I followed him silently, knowing that I had to give him time to get used to the idea. Hell, I still needed time to process it myself.

“We can’t do that,” Grover finally said as he sat down at the edge of the pool.  His voice trembled slightly and I could tell that he was scared.

“I can’t think of another solution, he’s not going to leave us alone as long as he is alive.” I replied, knowing it was true. Mark isn’t the kind of person who gives up. He will come after us until we agree to work for him or wind up dead. I wasn’t going to let that happen.

“I know,” is all Grover said as he placed his head in his hands.

He sat like that for a long time. I let him think. It wasn’t an easy decision to make after all.

“How are we going to do it?” Grover finally asked. My heart sped up at his word, knowing there was no way I could back out now.

“Fire, we have to get all of them for this to be over with and we can’t leave any evidence,” I answered. I didn’t really have much time to think about how to get rid of them but it seemed like the best option.  Hopefully it will seem like an accident and since it is a drug factory I am hoping that the cops won’t bother to investigate too hard. We are doing them a favor after all.

“We can’t screw this up or we’re going to be the ones who die,” Grover stated nervously.

“I know,” I replied, pushing myself up and holding my hand out to him.

We spent the rest of the night trying to figure out how we were going to do it. We only went to bed after three in the morning but by that time I was pretty sure that everything was going to work out.

The next morning we headed to the hardware store and bought everything we needed. Next we went to the grocery store and then we went home. Luckily my parents had gone out for the day or they would have been really confused about why I was making so much food. According to Grover there were about twenty or so people working at the factory and if we showed up with too little food Mark would surely get suspicious.

I wasn’t in the right state of mind as I made the food so I was almost certain it wasn’t going to taste too good but that was the least of my worries.

As the day dragged on I could tell that Grover was really starting to freak out. I was trying to be strong and confident but my nerves were on edge and it took all of my strength not to run away and go hide in a corner. I couldn’t do that that. I still wanted to be with Grover and hopefully after all of this is over we can get married and live happily ever after. The only problem is that we had to kill a few people first.

When it was finally time to go we loaded everything in Grover’s car and set off to the factory. It was quite far away in the really bad part of town

We made sure to get there early and then started to put our plan into working. It wasn’t much of a plan actually. We were simply going to burn the place to the ground with all of them inside.

We parked the car in a close by alley and then sneaked around the factory, pouring petrol all around it and being very careful not to be seen.

When we were done with that, we headed back to our car and drove it a bit closer to the factory. There were a few cars in front of it but we didn’t park with them, instead we parked across the road and headed over to the factory to tell them that we were there. Mark greeted us happily and then ordered some of the guys to help us carry in the food. They placed it all on a big round table that was set up in a huge office near the entrance. Mark didn’t stop staring at me as we unpacked the food and it was actually starting to creep me out. I was coming across as very calm and confident but on the inside I was freaking out. I knew that Grover was really nervous to but he was putting up a descent act, pretending to be happy to be there and see all of them.

Once everybody was seated and started eating and drinking I quickly excused myself, telling them that I had forgotten something in the car. I thought they might get a bit suspicious but they were so caught up in their conversation that they didn’t even seem to notice me.

This was going to be the tricky part though. I had to pour some petrol inside and somehow manage not to get caught.