(1) Wild At Heart

Wild At Heart

Chapter 1

School sucked like usual. The day dragged by slowly and by the time the final bell rang I thought I was going to die of boredom. Who invented match anyway? Did they really think they were clever or did they just invent it as a form of punishment?

I drove home in my new white convertible that my parents bought me for my eighteenth birthday. I didn’t really need a new car since the one I got for my sixteenth birthday was still perfectly fine but I didn’t argue. I sold the old one and now I have a load of cash in my bank account that I can spend on whatever I want to.

I live about ten minutes from school but since my car was very fast and I loved speeding I got there in about six. I pulled into the garage and closed the big electric gate at the bottom of the driveway before entering the house through the door in the garage that led into a little entrance area.

My room was on the second floor so I ran up the stairs getting my daily exercise. I’m not really the sporty type and there is no way I am setting foot in a gym. I guess I’m just one of those lucky people that can eat whatever they want without gaining any weight.

When I eventually got to my room I threw my back pack on my desk and fell down on my queen size bed. I laid like that for a while before I decided to get up and do my homework. I didn’t want to but I always do, I hate school but I have to think of my future. 

At around seven I gave up on my homework and headed for my bathroom. It was Friday night and I was going out with my older sister and her boyfriend. I don’t like him much but if you think about it, I don’t really like anybody. I don’t trust people, they pretend to be your friend and then they just wind up stabbing you in the back.

I put my long black hair up in a bun and got undressed while I ran myself a hot bath filled with bubbles. I soaked for about half an hour when I heard my cell phone ringing. There was no way I was going to get it in time so instead of rushing to get it I just took my time. I got out of the tub, wrapped a big towel around my body and made my way back into my room.

My phone was lying on my bed so I quickly picked it up and checked who was looking for me. It was Gwen, my sister. She didn’t leave a voicemail so I phoned her to find out what she wanted praying that she didn’t want to cancel our plans.

We spoke for a minute or two and when I hung up I felt relieved. She didn’t want to cancel our plans but she did want to change them. We were going to go to this club that we always hung out at but Carlos her boyfriend found out about a new club that was supposed to be ‘the place to hang out’ and wanted to know if it would be ok if we went there instead.

I agreed happily feeling excited to be going somewhere new. I love dancing and as long as they play good music I was sure to have a good time. I got dressed in tight fitting denim jeans, a little black shirt that was only hold together with some strings and high heel black boots. I’ve looked better but I didn’t feel like wearing a mini skirt. I let my hair hang loose and added some make up.

When I was done I went downstairs to see if my parents were home yet. They both worked long hours but they were ok as far as parents went. They didn’t complain too much as long as my grades were good and I didn’t get into any serious trouble which wasn’t really a problem for me. I get mostly A’s and B’s for all my subjects except for math but they can’t complain seeing as I always manage to pass somehow.