"Are you having any issues with the police? Why is the commissioner of Port Harcourt calling you?" Lanre asked, the way his voice came out showed he was worried.

"Shit!" Sewa muttered.

The commissioner of police called, she suddenly remembered he dealt with him, she was supposed to meet him at the hotel, her heart sank.

This was what Lanre brother spoke about earlier. She has just slept with Lanre and she still slept with others and proudly said she had a boyfriend.

She heaved a sigh, "Just stop already acting like the perfect gentleman and stop acting as if you don't get angry, it's so annoying when you try to act as if you are always right!" Sewa yelled, her voice broke in that process, it was as if she was about to cry. Her heart ached but she knew she needed to end it as soon as possible.

Lanre was confused, he didn't know why she said all she had just said but the words she said just now weren't all  true, why was she acting differently? He wanted to know what was going on with her but he knew this wasn't the first time she'd act this way without any valid reasons.

He was hurt not because of her words but because he felt she always hurt him intentionally knowing how well he loved her.

Lanre said nothing, he watched as she picked her stuff from the room. "Don't ever and I mean it, don't ever intrude my privacy and give me some space!' she shouted, grabbing her phone from his hand in a rough way, Lanre said nothing as he watched her every movement.

Sewa was surprised to see Lanre not chasing her or saying anything instead he watched her.

"What are you doing?" He asked her when he was her carrying her bag.

"I'm obviously going home!" She yelled.

"Are you serious? It's late and dark and dangerous!" He shouted.

"I don't care! I just want to stay away from you right now, you this possessive maniac!" She yelled breaking Lanre's heart.

He was hurt, he never treated or acted that way towards her before and those accusations broke him. He watched her retreating steps and he made no attempt to hold nor stop her.

She slammed his room door in a harsh way and walked out of  his apartment.

Sewa phone rang again, she looked at the caller ID to see it was the commissioner of police in Port Harcourt. She ended the call without answering, she wasn't in the mood to see him.

Her heart ached, she knew she had made one of the biggest mistakes but within her, she had hope, knowing Lanre would definitely call or get back to her.

When she got back home, she was surprised to see her mother in the living room, watching the television. She furrowed her brows wondering the reason for her mother watching television by this time of the day.

"Mother," She called getting her mother's attention.

"Why are you up?' she asked her mother, she looked at the wall clock and realised the time was past 2am in the morning.

Sewa's mother heaved a sigh, signaling Sewa to come take a seat beside her.

"Where have you been?" Sewa mother asked.

Sewa heart sank, she felt bad she put pressure on her mother by making her worried about her. Sewa bit her inner cheek to think of a good lie to give to her mother.

"I was with a friend," Sewa lied.

"Mofadesewa," his mother called. "Do you know the meaning of your name?" His mother asked her. Sewa was taken aback by her mother's question.

"Yes ma," Sewa retorted.

"You do but still you destroy your name by doing things that will ruin your crown," He mother lamented.

"Sewa, I am a mother and no mother will be proud or satisfied knowing that her daughter sleeps around with different men for money. I know you started all this to save us, to help your younger  ones but you must not forget your self comes first before anyone," Her mother took a hold on Sewa's hand.

"You are my first child and I feel really bad as a mother to not have taken the responsibility I made you take at a very young age. I feel bad because I have failed you and your younger ones," He mother said. Sewa looked into her mother's eyes to see her eyes were welled up with tears.

Sewa couldn't stand to see her mother cry and with the thought of her mother's eyes all welled up with tears  made a drop of tears roll down her cheek.

"I should have considered your sisters and you before putting myself in a state of half life, I made you struggle and go through a lot to make life easy for us all. I am ashamed that I let you take those responsibilities from such a young age. It hurts Sewa, because I know you sleep around for us but the more reason I'm hurt is because I'm scared there is no redemption for you!" Sewa took a deep breath whilst closing her heart.

Sewa knew within her heart, she didn't want to redeem herself, she didn't want to be saved. As much as she wanted to help and save herself, she knew she was too in deep and her family life would be at risk once she withdrew herself.

Expect another update soon by this evening, I'm working on it.

Sewa life is a case here is Nigeria, many people go through extreme means and even when they see the chance to change, they don't want to.

Her mother feels bad but does Sewa feel bad for herself?

Lanre cares, but does Sewa care?

Vote, comment and share.