60~ Pearl

PLEASE READ THE AUTHORS NOTE

As Lanre drove to Sewa's place, he recalled his last conversation with his older brother.

As soon as Adunni left, Lanre opened his mouth to say something to Tunji but was cut off by him.

"Hold it!" He said through gritted teeth.

The skin between his brows creased, "I am so disappointed in you." He spat out.

"I do not want to hear from you, not at all. Just how do you think mother will react to this Lanre?" He asked Lanre with bewilderment.

Lanre was very well aware of his mother's despise for Sewa but he knew she would later agree on the long run. He was ready to take the risk, knowing well it would take more than a year or two to convince his mother but he first needed to convince Tunji first.

"I love her. Tunji I would really appreciate it if you show your support. Your support matters to me at alot." Lanre pleaded.

Tunji laughed hysterically, finding his brother's word funny. He scoffed and then he clicked his tongue. "You what? My support? My support is for Adunni and not for that girl. I can never like her and I will never like her and I'd appreciate it if you realise and do the needful before you regret it."

"I won't regret it. Like Tunji, I love..." Tunji cuts him off harshly.

"That woman has a child! A child whose father she definitely does not know because she sleeps around with many that she can keep count of!" Tunji exclaimed.

"Her daughter is a bastard!" Tunji spat out.

"My daughter is not a bastard," Lanre retorted.

Tunji laughed out so loud that anyone would mistake him for someone on the edge of losing his sanity. "Your daughter?" He scoffed

"You are already accepting her child even when you are not married to her? You are under the influence of black magic and that's fine Lanre because I will have to take this case seriously because this is becoming spiritual!"

"I.am.sane!" Lanre said as calmly as she could. He didn't want to raise his voice while speaking to older brother because he knew there would be no result at the end.

"Her daughter is mine. That girl is not a bastard," Lanre defended.

"Really? Wait till mother hears of this. Wait till we have to tie you with rope and take you to every man of God house to deliver you!"

Lanre walked closer to his brother, "You might not believe it but Pearl is really mine. She is my child." Lanre explained, hoping his brother would listen.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk... Is that what she told you? If so I wouldn't blame her. She knows you are a fool and it was easy to convince a fool like you into being a father of a bastard!" Tunji spat out. Lanre clenched his fist. He took in a deep breath and breathed out to keep his temper at bay.